New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

newbe

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 12:44 PM
Default newbe

hi im all the way down in conwall looking at a xedos 6 2ltr v6 any good /bad pionts to look for s reg thanks and HELLO

Old 09-12-2010, 05:01 PM
Default not very welcoming

well first time on forum and i was told this was the forum to visit for help and info well i looked at a xedos v6 didnt buy it but got an old 323 to run i see from other new people introducing themselves they are greated with as much warmth as a chest freezer your members should be a little more welcoming whether its a top of the range car or an old banger lessons could be learned from other much more friendlier forums most dissapointed

Old 09-21-2010, 12:53 AM

Hello everyone! I am jett and have just joined the forum.its good to be a part of this place and hope to make some friends here. Thanks.

Old 09-21-2010, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by mazda v6
well first time on forum and i was told this was the forum to visit for help and info well i looked at a xedos v6 didnt buy it but got an old 323 to run i see from other new people introducing themselves they are greated with as much warmth as a chest freezer your members should be a little more welcoming whether its a top of the range car or an old banger lessons could be learned from other much more friendlier forums most dissapointed
Wow, easy there buddy. We are a very small forum with little traffic. Sorry that no one welcomed you, but a lot of us have jobs & families & do not come on the Forums a lot. If you are looking at a Mazda 6, the V6 will be a 3ltr, not a 2ltr. Anyways, welcome to the forum & I hope you find some useful info here.

-Sheldon.

Old 09-21-2010, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator

I have to agree with Mazmart Trini. I am sorry we missed you the first time around. It happens.
I don't recall seeing this thread until now or I might've said something to you.
We all work and have families as well as our own lives too.
Many of us own homes and if you do then you should know that there is ALWAYS something to do around the house...
and remember please that we do not get paid for keeping this forum running. This is a labor of love for those of us that do keep it running. Sometimes there simply isn't enough time in a day, or even a weekend for everything we "should" do.

Add to that, we do get a lot of one-timers here and I don't think it has anything to do w/being welcomed or not because when I had more time, I used to make EVERY effort to do just that. But it gets old using our time and energies to greet new members, help them out w/their problems all the time, answer the same old questions (when there is a working search function here) only to be ignored and abandoned later on.
Right or wrong, I for one have taken the attitude that if someone wants to contribute to the forum, and wants become an actual member of the community instead of just using us when we are needed (put the $$$ on the dresser) and posts in several places over several days, I will go out of my way to greet them.
To that I say, look at my own profile. Go into MY previous posts (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/sea...earchid=379943) and see how many new members I have welcomed.

Again, I apologize to you for not welcoming you.
Good luck w/the new/old car and if we can help you or offer advice, please post again.

Last edited by virgin1; 09-21-2010 at 07:52 PM.