New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

New member from Utah

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2019, 05:31 PM
Default New member from Utah

I don't even own a Mazda!

...but my daughter does. She's just purchased a 2006 Mazda3 - she loves it, and I get to work on it for free. Yay....

Building a laundry list of work to do on the car right now;

1. Catalytic converter. Getting a P0421 code, O2 sensors are good, no exhaust leaks... I threw a bottle of CataClean in there just for giggles, but it looks like I'm changing the cat out. Will search this forum for clues on which one to buy.. thinking of a generic weld-in version.
2. Clutch. Previous owner seems to have put a new engine in, and either left the old clutch in, or the old throwout bearing. It's noisy and jerky. High on the list of things to change. I don't have a lift, so no looking forward to this one...
3. Airbag light - code B1884. Hoping it's just the occupancy bulb being burnt out (I can't even find where that bulb lives, though! Any clues?)
4. Window - Passenger window doesn't go up all the way. I'll tear into that one weekend and fix it - not a biggie.
5. Non-cancelling indicator - a common problem. I'll plastiweld it with a staple, just because I'm cheap.

Apart from these things, it's in decent shape. I've found the workshop manual, so I should be able to get most things done without too many issues. Looking forward to asking lots of Mazda Beginner type questions!

Old 06-06-2019, 10:28 AM

Welcome to the forum. Looks like quite a list.

Old 06-06-2019, 10:32 AM

Thanks! Clutch, airbag light and indicator stalk are done. Cat should arrive today (went for an OEM bolt-on - I'm not a welder!). The window can wait for the weekend...