New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

My first "foreign" Car

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2021, 01:05 PM
Default My first "foreign" Car

Being a bit older I grew up on 327's and 396's, and have been a GM person forever.
However added the following "sleeper" to my fleet this spring

Old 06-03-2021, 06:29 PM

WELCOME TO THE FORUM
Good Looking Mazda

Now if you said Mouse or RAT motor you would have defiantly set your age era. Most of what I learned in the beginning was on RAT Motors!

Old 06-03-2021, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Callisto
WELCOME TO THE FORUM
Good Looking Mazda

Now if you said Mouse or RAT motor you would have defiantly set your age era. Most of what I learned in the beginning was on RAT Motors!
I should have mentioned 348 or 409.
Callisto - Im humbled to see your response to my posting. Believe it or not; I have read your entire "Things I Like to Do" thread. Very impressive, some nice ideas and awesome workmanship !!

Old 06-04-2021, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by cuzed2
I should have mentioned 348 or 409.
Callisto - Im humbled to see your response to my posting. Believe it or not; I have read your entire "Things I Like to Do" thread. Very impressive, some nice ideas and awesome workmanship !!
Oh so you are the "ONE"? hahaha..

Thank You VERY much for looking at my thread.
Seriously I look at most threads on this forum and I came back to yours a couple of times. Something very appealing about all white and the sleekness. If I were to get another MAZDA it would be like yours. Good project start material !

I dont want to hijack your thread but here is a couple pictures you will appreciate. Sorry about the tagged photo but they ransomed thousands of my picture posted all over the world I had on several of their so called FREE accounts and later asked for a few hundred dollars for each account of mine. I am sure you read about all of us that had that happen?

Some of my Hot Rod parts surplus in my garage, my 57 (white ) and a past project that you would need to "guess" what it is? ha!
But all Chevy powered!

Last edited by Callisto; 06-04-2021 at 09:38 AM.
Old 06-04-2021, 09:41 AM

NICE vintage parts stock!
Do you still have the 57? As for the open fender project wit the blower - I have no idea?

Old 06-04-2021, 09:49 AM

Yes I chose to go with white on my Mazda 3, because it brought back memories of my first HS project "sleeper" car"
A used white '68 Caprice 2 door coupe fully loaded (except the 327), "almost one-of-a kind", with many special order factory items, including:
327 with fuelie heads - 325HP
Turbo 400 (I added a shift kit)
Posi rear end
Had 4 piston front discs from the factory, when it was time to replace calipers it was a puzzle (turned out it had factory Vette brakes on the front)
Vacuum operated hide-away headlights
Factory Quadraphonic 8-track
Thermostat (temperature selection dial) controlled AC
and on and on - wish I could find another one with this option set for restoration

Old 06-04-2021, 10:34 AM

NICE vintage parts stock!
Do you still have the 57? As for the open fender project wit the blower - I have no idea?
Yes ...

The other was a project car (of many) .....
1959 MGA modified body (there were fenders but not in this picture ) with 1960 MGA frame, fully boxed with welded metal floor pan, 10 point roll cage bar configuration (only the top roll bar shows, not NHRA certifiable for class racing but great for street...whatever ) , Ford 9 inch shortened spooled with 6:14.1 gears,a Rock Crusher 4 speed and the engine is a 391(punched out 350 Chevy) with the B&M 6:71 Blower feeding the Alcohol into a thirsty motor it was just shy of 1000 HP at the wheel on a 1650lb chassis. LOL

Old 06-04-2021, 10:41 AM

Yes I chose to go with white on my Mazda 3, because it brought back memories of my first HS project "sleeper" car"
A used white '68 Caprice 2 door coupe fully loaded (except the 327), "almost one-of-a kind", with many special order factory items, including:
327 with fuelie heads - 325HP
Turbo 400 (I added a shift kit)
Posi rear end
Had 4 piston front discs from the factory, when it was time to replace calipers it was a puzzle (turned out it had factory Vette brakes on the front)
Vacuum operated hide-away headlights
Factory Quadraphonic 8-track
Thermostat (temperature selection dial) controlled AC
and on and on - wish I could find another one with this option set for restoration
Very nice and rare car my freind.
Oh the sad memories of letting some of our cars go thinking there will always be another one of those. LOL

BTW that Factory Quadraphonic 8-track VERY VERY VERY KOOL or for the time period..... GROOVY MAN! Not many knew about them back then and even that there were 8 tracks recorded specifically for them. I remember PINK FLOYD "MONEY" in my Buick that came stock with that Factory Quadraphonic 8-track . The beginning when the money dropped it went from front right to front left and then rear left to rear right. Fantastic!
Boy now I am ageing myself..... LOL

Old 06-04-2021, 01:56 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by Callisto
Yes ...

The other was a project car (of many) .....
1959 MGA modified body (there were fenders but not in this picture ) with 1960 MGA frame, fully boxed with welded metal floor pan, 10 point roll cage bar configuration (only the top roll bar shows, not NHRA certifiable for class racing but great for street...whatever ) , Ford 9 inch shortened spooled with 6:14.1 gears,a Rock Crusher 4 speed and the engine is a 391(punched out 350 Chevy) with the B&M 6:71 Blower feeding the Alcohol into a thirsty motor it was just shy of 1000 HP at the wheel on a 1650lb chassis. LOL
Woah - That's some serious power to weight ratio (I remember when 10lbs/Horse was desirable) .

Old 06-04-2021, 02:44 PM

Woah - That's some serious power to weight ratio (I remember when 10lbs/Horse was desirable) .
The sad thing is my Mazda is the slowest and least powered (even with Nitrous) 4 tire vehicle I own.... even waaaay less then my MINI's.

Quick Reply: My first "foreign" Car