New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

Mazda Premacy or Mazda MPV?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2021, 09:59 PM
Default Mazda Premacy or Mazda MPV?

Hi all,

Hoping some of you knowledgeable Mazda enthusiasts can share your thoughts on a Premacy v MPV for me.

I have a 2012 Mazda Premacy 2.0 here in New Zealand. Its been absolutely fine.I have young children but I'm aware in a few years time it might get a bit small compared to the bigger wheelbase of the MPV.Plus I'm looking at towing a trailer on our annual summer camping trip.

The only area I've been surprised and a little dussapointed in is the Premacys fuel economy.For a 2.0 engine it rarely gets better then 10kL/100km.Pretty gutless and I'm not a massive fan of the 5 speed box either.

Now onto the MPV.I'm considering trading my Premacy in for a MPV.I assume the bigger MPV has a better towing capacity?As you do see a few for sale with towbars already fitted.Then you have the 2.3 engine.Ive got mixed research on the turbo/non-turbo engine.

Can anyone confirm their average fuel economy for these engines?And how are they towing?

Lastly I'm aware you can get them in 4WD as well.Would they be worth considering or are they too thirsty?

Ideally I would like a 6 speed transmission but I think these are only available in the turbo and 4WD configurations?

Any thoughts or information sharing on this topic would be massively appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Dan