New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

Mazda demio manual

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 06:29 AM
Smile Mazda demio manual

Bought my 1998 demio as it was lpg. Unfortunately it also had a head problem. One second hand engine later it's running well [after suspension problems]. It also needed a new d/s/f wheel bearing. Nowhere on any forums did I find out that the front bearing on the demio needed accurate torque and shim so I wasted my money as the "expert" who did the job didn't know this. Once I found this out I found a mechanic who located a complete second hand unit and this works perfectly.
Please don't think this is a complaint letter as I am happy with the car [even though the lpg mpg is not as it should be].
To maintain the car I have been looking for a owners manual or similar. Mazda dealer can supply one but can't tell me whether it will be an original or just a photocopy so is there anywhere I can get one. Most of the links I've googled have lead me on a wild goose chase.

My best Mazda and best car was a early 80's 626 with raised rear suspension.

Old 11-26-2010, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator

While I can only suggest looking on eBay for the manual, or perhaps a used book store, I can Welcome you to Mazdaforum. Exactly where are you that you have a Demio and that it runs on natural gas? Brazil maybe? We never got these car in the US.
As far as your MPG is concerned, could it be that the new engine is not optimally set up to run on lpg? Is the car fuel injected or does it have a carburetor?

Old 11-27-2010, 03:36 AM
Smile LPG Mazda Demio

Sorry, I'm in UK [Durham] and the engine was a low milage from a scrap yard.
Engine is now tuned for gas. Thanks for the reply

Old 11-28-2010, 09:44 AM
Super Moderator

Well I just did a couple of searches for you and you're right. They must be a little hard to come by though I don't know why? It seems Mazda sold millions of these over the pond (every where but here, actually) in various configurations.
But I'm sure if you keep searching, one will turn up sooner or later.
What is it that you expect to get from the owners manual anyway? Wouldn't a shop manual work better for you? It would certainly have more information about the car itself.

Old 11-29-2010, 04:55 AM
Smile manual

This started because the rear courtesy light won't work. I've tested and it needs an earth. I checked the side body panel behind the light and I was surprised to find the panel is not earthed. Rather than just stick an earth on I would like to find where the light goes and also which fuse in the fusebox does what. I've looked for a Hayes manual to be told they don't do one. So an owners manual would get me started.