New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

Mazda 3 2010 GT. Hot Air ONLY driver's side

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 04:44 PM
Default Mazda 3 2010 GT. Hot Air ONLY driver's side

Hello everyone. First time on here so forgive me and advise me if I should post differently.

I have a 2010 Mazda 3 GT. Went on a long road trip. In the middle of the road trip I noticed I was unable to change the driver's side air conditioning to be hot air. Instead it was freezing cold and nothing I did on the ***** would change that such as adjusting the dual temp **** or putting on the A/C button or not. It was permanently on freezing cold on the driver's side where the passenger side would function proper at any temperature regardless of what I changed. I did some reading on this issue and everyone says its the actuator that controls how open or closed the vent is (Mazda part number BBT1-61-A60). Both the driver's side and passenger side has one so it made sense to replace the drivers side. I took it to my trusted mechanic and he independently came to the same conclusion and replaced it. Unfortunately this hasn't resolved the issue and I'm still unable to change the temperature on the driver's side and my mechanic doesn't know what to do. He wants to replace the ***** but that is an expensive fix and we don't know if thats the issue. I should mention on the dash the screen says it is supposed to be hot air coming out so I don't believe it should be the *****. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

Old 10-06-2015, 07:40 AM
Super Moderator

Have you looked at the actual vent flap to see if either the actuator & the blend door flap are moving? Flap could of snapped, could be a wiring issue to the actuator or a fault in the HVAC module.

Old 10-06-2015, 08:07 AM

Yes the flap can move. When it happened it was set permanently to cold air. Because it is now winter coming up, he was able to manually move the flap to only force out hot air.