New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

Mariner Blue Miata Hard Top Stolen in SF Bay area (alameda/oakland) PLEASE HELP REWAR

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 05:55 PM
Default Mariner Blue Miata Hard Top Stolen in SF Bay area (alameda/oakland) PLEASE HELP REWAR

Hello,
Last night my '93 Miata got its window smashed and hard top stolen! I'm posting here in hopes that everyone will keep an eye out for some dirtbags trying to sell a Miata hard top in the SF Bay area. My top was purchased 2nd hand when I lived in Richmond, VA (4 years ago) and was originally red I had it repainted Mariner blue to match, the key here is that the body shop did it as a favor and the top is still red under the trim. I have taken this car all over the country with me and to say the least I'm upset its been violated and right in front of my house no less (where I have lived well over a year).

Again just to recap.

Drivers window was broken, nothing else was touched. Aftermarket radio was left intact...

Top is red under the trim, due to respray when I bought it.

I'm going to put this out there, I'll pay $1,000.00 Cash reward to anyone who leads me to the guilty party. This is not a joke, find me the top on craigslist or anywhere else please let me know ASAP.

Thanks Guys! Charlie

Old 02-12-2010, 07:17 AM

Damn, sorry to hear about that. The reward that you are offering, you can probably find another hardtop for that.

-Sheldon.

Old 02-12-2010, 03:04 PM
Super Moderator

Ditto!! Sorry to hear...
People are not cool anymore. They don't care who they hurt or about anyone's personal space.

As many here already know, our house was burglarized several months ago and not only did they break in the front door (that I had to rebuild ASAP) and take our newest TV, but more importantly, they stole three of my guitars. One which I had had for over 30 yrs (my first) and one classic Gibson who's value is now over $5k.

I feel your pain. I know what you must be feeling right now. It SUCKS being violated by dirt-bags!!
If I ever find the ones that took more than wood and steel from me, I would kill them with my bare hands!! (That's a pipe dream as I'm really very non-violent.) Nah, I wouldn't. Why go to prison for the rest of MY life on their account.

We'll keep an eye out for you.