New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

I'm new and have hatchback fever.

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 10:41 PM
Default I'm new and have hatchback fever.

Hello!

I am new here, and i am interested in Mazda's, as im sure most of you are as well......yay.

But i am looking for a used mazda, they have good ratings for reliability and are often reccomended as good used cars. I am looking for a 2005 small hatchback, my ideal car would be a mazda3 hatchback, but i dont know if they made them like that in 2005. And the other Main question i had was if they are available in All Wheel Drive, or just plain Four Wheel. But either way, looking for a 2005 hatchback AWD, maybe someone could point me in the right direction? And if not a Mazda then something else in the 2005 area. (no dodge caliber, a new one is out of the question. im 19, i have been carless for almost a year, and looking for a quality car with a lower price tag, aka Mazda.)

Thanks.

Old 03-25-2007, 01:43 PM
Default RE: I'm new and have hatchback fever.

hello. You have come to the right place. Mazda only offers a AWD system in the Mazdaspeed 6 as of right now. The Mazda 3 will be a great choice. You do not need AWD in the 3. The 3 handles extremely well. If you want more speed, go for the Mazdaspeed 3. If you see a used Mazda 3, I would buy as quickly as possible. They are hard to come by. Most people like their 3 too much. They offer the hatchback in 2005 as well! Good luck!

Old 03-26-2007, 11:36 AM

Thanks alot for the helpful post!
I will keep an eye out for mazda3 hatchback.
but you see the only problem is that i live in Colorado, and we get alot of ice and snow in the winter. i know they are FWD, i would prefer AWD, but i think if i put some nice snow tires on it i would be ok.
I will begin my search online for a 2005 mazda3 hatchback.
Thank you!

Old 03-26-2007, 01:48 PM

Slap some dedicated snow tires on it and it will do fine with FWD (I like Dunlop Wintersport M3's). You wouldn't be able to put chains on (I know they are required for travel into the mountain passes at times...just be aware that wheelwell clearance doesn't allow the use of any chains at all.)

2005 Small AWD hatchback...Pontiac Vibe comes to mind (I don't care for them myself, but it meets your criteria.)