New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

hello from oregon. bit about me and my ride

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2019, 11:08 PM
Talking hello from oregon. bit about me and my ride

hi all. im mostly a motorcycle guy (ATM own 9 motorcycles) have done alot of different job and learned alot of different skills.
im just finally got around to getting another mazda pickup after 16 years (back when i had a b2200)
last week i picked up a (almost) pristine 86 b2000 long bed with 139k. it for the most part is rust free (few spots of very mild surface rust) the bed has no rust at all (it had a canopy on it all its life till 3 weeks ago) or any of the wheel wells. it had a mild ding on the passenger side but is some simple body work (i use to be a body tech and painter) the worst spot is the corners of the bed are crushed in from who ever (original owner said was the shop he bought it from new) installed the aftermarket rear bumper thats going to be more of a pain.even the interior is nearly spotless.

the down side is it sat for 6 years unused in a garage. with fuel in it..... so before i even drove it home i changed the oil , coolant, brake , and clutch fluid. then first stop was the gas station down the road from the old man i bought it from's house.
when i first picked it up it was running really rough. it has cleaned up a bit. but it idles still a bit rough and refuses to go over 80mph.

i have A...LOT... of plans for this truck and it will be a long term project due to budget) sense i spent almost double my original vehicle funds
if theres anything you wanna know about me just ask.. .if i wanna share i will