New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

Hello, happy to join the family

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 10:31 AM
Default Hello, happy to join the family

WellI have had my new 2008 5-door Galaxy Gray Mazda 3 Grand Touring for about three weeks and love it. The moreI drive it the more I find what a special car it is. I live in Southern California and plan to take it down the PCH when the weather get a little better to do some true zoom-zoom fun. I have added tint all the way around and a parrot bluetooth hands free system to the car. Look forward to chatting with everyone in the future.

Old 02-27-2008, 03:14 PM
Default RE: Hello, happy to join the family

Let me be the first to welcome you. We have a great Forum here. Any help that you need, you can just post & you will be helped.

Old 02-27-2008, 06:49 PM
Super Moderator

Well, then let me be the second to welcome you Silversrtshadow!! WELCOME!!!

AndMazMart Trini is quite correct. We have a great little group goingfor oursleves here... the lesser known Mazda Forum. Smaller is better, imo. We all feel that in some way we know something of our fellow members.

Congrats on the new ride too. A GT!! Nice!!!

WE NEED PICS!!!

Old 02-28-2008, 09:45 AM

Thanks Guys!

Yes I need to take pictures and post them. I have not even had the chance to take any for my own use since the past few weeks have been wet around here.

I have been to one of the other forums for Mazda and did not find it as helpful as this one.

In case you are wondering about the screen name this is from my other car that I own, 2006 Chrysler 300 SRT-8 a 425HP 6.1L Beast.

Old 02-28-2008, 03:02 PM
Super Moderator

And to think,I thought you'd converted from an SRT-4.

Old 02-28-2008, 11:50 PM

lol everytime you hit the pump. you probably keep thinking its reading wrong. then you loo kat your mazda3 and your like OHHHHHHHHHHHHH ITS NOT THE 300. haha lol. but welcome to the forum. we do enjoy the littleness of this group plus that we got a good bunch of people who can help you out with anything. but as he said WE NEED PICTURES HAHA. btw dont do the zoom zoom thing in ontario. 50km/hr and over car is gone for a week. gahh haha

Old 03-03-2008, 10:01 AM

Jaimie,
You are right about taking a double look at the pump when I gas up. I still can drive about the same distance in the 2 cars just that I use about 5-6 more gallons of gas in the 300. On the open road I average 23 MPG in the 300 and 28MPG in the 3.

I will have to keep your advice in mind the next time I go to Toronto about speeding. But not like you can get goinging to fast on the queens anyways with all the traffic.

Old 03-04-2008, 12:12 AM

dont be too sure about htat. my buddy got one on the QEW almost at the gardiner. but this was before this law. 65 over[:'(]. you probably pay half the gas price you used to in the 300. waiit do you still have the 300 or just the 3 now?

Old 03-04-2008, 10:10 AM

Nice sentiments but I have had over a hundred people read my question about a mechanicalproblem I'm having with my Miata and have received "0" help from this forum. It may be because I didn't get onand just say "hello" first... Bad manners on my part.Or maybe because my Miata is an older one... Sorry, but not everyone can afford a"new" car.I don't know. What I've done to deserve the "cold shoulder" is beyond me.Are you not supposed to ask mechanical questions?This was my first experience with an online forum like this. I'm finding it pretty useless... except for exchanging pleasantries.

Old 03-04-2008, 01:06 PM

ORIGINAL: oneshot onekill

Nice sentiments but I have had over a hundred people read my question about a mechanicalproblem I'm having with my Miata and have received "0" help from this forum. It may be because I didn't get onand just say "hello" first... Bad manners on my part.Or maybe because my Miata is an older one... Sorry, but not everyone can afford a"new" car.I don't know. What I've done to deserve the "cold shoulder" is beyond me.Are you not supposed to ask mechanical questions?This was my first experience with an online forum like this. I'm finding it pretty useless... except for exchanging pleasantries.
It sound like this Forum may not be for you. If anyone here knew how to solve your problem, they would have tried to help you. It does not make sense to crap on a new members thread. I myself would be glad if my thread was even looked at. I would like to apologize on behalf of everyone on this Forum if you feel that you were treated unfair.

Quick Reply: Hello, happy to join the family