New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

Fn4a vs fne2

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2019, 08:14 PM
Default Fn4a vs fne2

Ok guys I am new to the forum and very new to the mazda world. Ok so I have a 2007 mazda 3 2.0 4 speed auto 150k mi. So I just bought it and the trans was slipping horribly, so I got it home and didn't want to mess with rebuilding it so I got on flea bay and ordered a new used trans with 55k on it. Well it gets here and it's the fne2 out of I believe the mazda 6 considering the way the torque strut mount hooks up and what I have found on the internet (2 bolts vs 3 on mine) my question here is can I just swap bell housings and the diff (because the new one is 28 spline on the drivers side and the old one is 26) and install it are they internally the same? Can I pull the clutches out of the new one and put it in the old one? I dont know if i can return it. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-29-2019, 10:48 AM

Welcome to the forum. I hope someone on the forum can help you with your question. It is far over my head!

Old 04-02-2019, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by mazdaCPA
Welcome to the forum. I hope someone on the forum can help you with your question. It is far over my head!
thank you and I think I have it figured out I just have to crack the case and swap the 3rd member out because the drivers side is a 28 spline instead of 26 but they do appear to be mostly identical.