New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

Australia - Possible Mazda 3

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 12:58 AM
Default Australia - Possible Mazda 3

Hi, im looking at purchasing a Mazda 3 2011. I have ruled out pretty much every other car thats in the price range. Im going back to the dealer on sunday to do another test drive and then bargaining what they can throw in for the same price! and my other decision is what colour? I was thinking either the white pearl or black. Now that the neo comes stock with colour coded handles the white looks great.
So any opinions please share!
cheers

Old 11-23-2011, 09:15 AM
Super Moderator

Hey Harley and welcome to the site.

Being from North America I'm not familiar with all that you are asking about.
Is the 2011 a used car or a left-over from last yrs models?

"Neo" is also not a trim level we have in NA, but as you can see from my sig pic, I am a fan of the white. Plus its so much easier to keep clean than is black which will show every little bit of dirt and dust, not to mention scratches received from regular washings and driving. Black paint will look like crap after a few yrs of regular use. It will dull and looked scratched.
Black will also put more strain on the A/C system when the weather is hot, and these cars don't have the coldest, strongest A/C to begin with.

Get the white one. That's my vote.

Old 11-24-2011, 04:41 AM

Thanks actually i will be getting the 2012 just released in Australia, however due to money constraints it will be the 'neo' which is the base model. Im not sure what you call it in NA.
BTW your car looks awesome, im assuming that your front bumper is not stock?
cheers

Old 11-24-2011, 05:35 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks. Actually it is stock for the NA HB/5-dr. I'm not a big fan of most body kits.
I did do (paint) the fog lamp surrounds, installed the lip and do have an aftermarket grill in now, but this pic was taken before the grill.

The base model sedan here is known as the 3i... 2.0L engine, manual trans (nothing wrong with that,) no nav, cruise control, central locking or power windows. Fog lights are also a dealer option instead of std, and very expensive. Not worth it to most people. Many people here have chosen this model. I see them all the time.

For the first time in 2012 we have avaiable the SkyActiv hatchback, base if you will, using the 2.0L engine. Up till now the HB only came as a 2.3L, like mine, and since 2010, only as a 2.5L. It's kind of funny to me because this "base model" HB costs as much now as my S model did when I bought her new!!

Last edited by virgin1; 11-24-2011 at 05:38 AM.
Old 11-25-2011, 03:10 AM

Ahh kk, so for pictures sake. This is what i will be buying and thats how much it costs. What is new from the older model is that it has alloys not hub caps and the door handles are colour coded. Also i am getting bluetooth, reversing sensors and mats thrown in for the price you see. I am wanting to put in an aftermarket dual din sat nav with 4 new speakers and tweeters as well as an amp and small subwoofer.

I defiantly like your front compared to mine...

2011 MAZDA 3 NEO BL Series 1 MY10 Cars For Sale in NSW - carsales.com.au - carsales.com.au

Old 11-25-2011, 06:38 AM
Super Moderator

Ah, so the NEO comes as a hatchback or a sedan?
Well it seems to have some nice amneities.... power windows, mirrors and I assume central locking.
Are those 15" or 16" alloys?
Also, what engine comes in your NEO? A 1.6, or 1.8, or is it a 2.0L? I know different countries often have smaller engines available than we have here. We only have the 2.0 and 2.5L petrol engines available here. No diesel.
Are you getting the auto or manual trans, and if the manual is it 5 or 6-speed?

Old 11-29-2011, 01:15 AM

The neo comes as either a hatch or sedan (i am getting a hatch!)
Currently the wheels are 15's however i find some nice 17's (what size are yours?)
The engine is a 2.0L and goes up to a 2.5L depending on how much you want to pay.

Ive ordered it the hatch in white and will be picking it up on the 20th of december and the final price was $24,200. For the price the dealer also put in....
Window tint (darkest legal) - $430
Reverse senors - $530
Matts - $120
Trunk Matt - $120
Bluetooth - $430

so all in all i think it will be awesome!!!