Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

wiring up fog lights for 07 mazda

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 08:35 PM
Default wiring up fog lights for 07 mazda

hey, whats up everybody .i was hoping u guys could help me with wiring p some new fog lights that i just purchased.they r the factory ones and need some help wiring them.it came with the factory switch and two wiring harnesses.one has the plug for the switch on one end and a red wire and a yellow wire at the other end.the other harness has four ends on it.two of them plug into the lights ,one end has a yellow wire coming out of it and the last end has a red wire and a black wire .both the red wire and black wire are hooked up to a relay.i would like to wire them so they turn off with my lights if possible but i would still like to be able to use the switch also.any help would be great.thanks

Old 01-26-2008, 06:47 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: wiring up fog lights for 07 mazda

Legally, that's the way they are supposed to be hooked up. Didn't the kit come w/any instructions?
As you may know, a relay is nothing more than a low poweredelectrically controlled switch that controls (switches) a higher currentdrawing source, such as your fog lights.

Red/Black are usually the main (high current) powerfor the relay itself... the part of it that powers the lights, in this case, so you'd want to connect them into a high current 12v source.
I'm guessing a lot here, butbased on my own experience,you'd probably want to connect the trigger wire that sends power tothe switch(yellow?) to the low beam output (+) of the headlight relay. By doing this, your foglight switch inside only has power to it when the low beams are on.