Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Window motors

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 09:11 AM
Default Window motors

I had a problem with electric windows a while back. The problem was that the one-touch wind down wasn't working, the open from key-fob wasn't working (so that you can open the windows remotely as you approach the car to cool it down) and the drivers window switches didn't operate the front passenger and rear windows (and it was nothing to do with the isolator switch used for stopping the passenger and rear windows being wound down by the kids). It was quickly fixed by the dealer 're-setting' the window motors.

All of a sudden, the problem seems to be recurring. Not everything - but the drivers one-touch wind down isn't working and when using the key-fob to open the windows, the rear and front passenger windows open but not the drivers window.

a) Any ideas what causes this fault to occur?
b) Is it possible for me to re-set the window motors myself without dismantling the door and without plugging into a Mazda Dealer computer? It's a real pain to have to take it to the dealers which isn't close by.

Any thoughts welcome.

Old 07-01-2006, 02:09 PM
Default RE: Window motors

Are you unplugging your battery at any time? That could cause the automatic button to not work for the windows. To reset the automatic windows, on the drivers side put the window down a few inches. Then put it up and hold the button till you hear a click. This resets the automatic window for the Drivers Side Only. You have to do the same thing on the passenger side to get that side to work. As for the remote, I once had the problem of the button not controlling the windows. It just started to work after a few days. And the next time it happened I just reset the auto windows and it worked.

Old 07-02-2006, 07:04 AM

RJB_M6,

Fantastic. That worked straight away. Thanks.

I have never disconnected the battery. But perhaps I inadvertently did the reverse of what you suggested by holding the switch too long or something. I don't remember seeing anything in the manual about the procedure you describe - but it is so simple I would have resented having to pay the mazda dealer for doing it (had my car not been a lease car and under warranty).

Regards.

Old 07-02-2006, 10:33 AM

Hey guys, is this a feature on all 6's or is it a special option?

Old 07-03-2006, 03:52 AM

The remote feature is only on the 2006 models. But yea when I did my airbox mod, I disconnected the battery and ran into the same problem. I asked someone and got the same response, now everytime it happens I don't worry. Just reset them both. Anyways I'm glad to be of some help