Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Where do i find more performance mods

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 08:51 PM
Default Where do i find more performance mods

Hey my name is adama car audio enthusiast and 3 year installer but i am fairlynew to the performance scene. I have a 2.3 mazda 6 i and love it! I have installed the injen cold air intake and upgraded all major ground wires. I also know exhaust on this car is just for sound.I have contacted nology for the wires and plugs too. I would like to know who makesand where i can get headers , internals , and other such horsepower gaining items . I do know hass makes a turbo kit but dont want to head in that direction. Also if anyone needs info as far as stripping the interior and how to on audio for that i car i would be glad to help as i have spent the last year doing audio in the car and know how to strip that interior out and wire color codes for remote starts and so on. Please help me make my car faster . Thankyou [align=right][/align]

Old 03-09-2007, 05:10 AM
Default RE: Where do i find more performance mods

well exhaust does help, it can gain you 10% to 15% more horse power if you do the catback exhaust. You need the wider piping and it will give you better flow and much better sound. I chose magnaflow and it makes a difference. www.therpmstore.com has several stuff including headers. Also there is a device called a unichip which can give you some extra hp.

Old 03-09-2007, 01:26 PM

um... on this car a catback exhaust is not going to give you any horsepower.. with the stock header setup the stock catback is already as free flowing as it can be. magnaflow sounds good but fitment sucks and the clamps tend to leak. im pretty sure dc sports makes a header setup for the 4 cyl. also try cvrmotorsports.com and pracing.com

Old 03-09-2007, 02:39 PM

i think currently theGTSpec and AutoEXEheadersare the only one you can purchase right this second, but the F2 header will be out soon i's say. As stated, the exhaust won't do anything but sound unless the header/midpipe are changed already. Nology wires won't do didly for performance, your stock system is better than anything they can produce. for internals, it depends on what you want, Supertech, Wiseco, Cosworth, Carillo, Crower, Eagle....all make parts as far as internals

...and no, Hass doesn't have a workign turbo kit, only HiBoost currently

Old 03-10-2007, 12:08 PM

Thinking about a turbo, but is it worth it? I have a 2004 6s with 60,000 miles.

Old 03-10-2007, 06:03 PM

bare minimum it's gonna run you $5k, so it's up to you. with the engine in stock form, i'd say, a safe 5-7psi kit. so for 5k, that's not all too much. if you invest in some bearings, you should be able to take it up to 12-15psi or more which would make it a bit more worth it....but you are looking at $6k+ when all is said and done.

Old 03-19-2007, 09:56 PM

I meant hi-boost my bad andMr. tea i saw your car domain page dont youor did uhave nology wires? And thank you for the headerand internalsinfo i think gt psec is my way to go unless you think i should wait for the f2headers cause there half the price of auto exe's . Next question is anyone heard of a high flow cat and mid pipefor this car? Last question does anyone make a tuned throttle body and doesboring andgrounding actually do anything to the stock one?

Old 03-20-2007, 12:02 AM

The best website I have found so far is www.autoanything.com for great parts at the lowest prices.

Will the magnaflow exhuast not help on any stock mazda6 or just the 6i?

Old 03-20-2007, 01:22 AM

for the most part, exhaust doesn't do much on any 6 that isn't a speed. sound and looks should be 95% of your purchase of exhaust.

no TB's, though a guy that goes by twowheelin over on mazda6club that does work on them for pretty cheap....little bore, little optimzing....for V6 and 6i TB's.

if you order GT Spec or AutoEXE, chances are you won't get it until after the F2 header is out anyhow (some people at 4 months waiting so far on backorder). so i'd wait, i talked to F2 at the track this weekend, and i'd guess summer, though i said that last year too? you guys might want to email both Vibrant and Thunder for headers, as both make headers for the 3 already....if they need a test car, let me know, i can get a car anywhere withing a week if they need it.

Nology wires....only for '03-early '04....and they don't do jack for $150. the stock system is what they speed world challenge cars use...it's only for some engine bling if anything.

high flow cat you can get anywhere...they all do the same thing for the most part. the mid-pipe, any exhaust shop "can" do it. some don't like to for smog reasons (can't legally remove a working cat) and minus the cat, it should be in the $200-250 range i'd guess. add about $150 for a car into that. sometimes, you can get away with telling them to make it, but don't put it on the car as it's only for track days....then they give you less ****. you can just put it on later then.

...did i get all the questions?

Old 03-20-2007, 01:03 PM

Yes you did Mr.tea thank you very much as this has helped me greatly ! I guess from what your saying saving for the hi-boost turbo kit is the way to go to get the max gains out of this car!!

Quick Reply: Where do i find more performance mods