Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

What Mods would you do????????

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 10:34 PM
Default What Mods would you do????????

If you had a few hundred dollars extra to spend, what mods would you suggest for a 2005 mazda 6 sport GT, GFX, V6, Automatic.

I'm Looking for performance mostly, but cosmetic is cool too.

Thanks for having fun.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Sukks2bu
If you had a few hundred dollars extra to spend, what mods would you suggest for a 2005 mazda 6 sport GT, GFX, V6, Automatic.

I'm Looking for performance mostly, but cosmetic is cool too.

Thanks for having fun.
Performance from a few hundred dollars? How about some road course driving lessons. Beyond that, a few hundred won't buy you much else except gas.

Old 04-18-2009, 06:06 PM

There are plenty of free and cheep mods you can do to this car. For a very slight performance and a great sounding upgrade try the airbox mod. For cosmetic mods, try removing the door guards or installing a HDR lip (stands for Home Depot Racing). Other than that, take to car to some autocross events. Learn to drive it under those conditions (and trust me no matter how agressive you drive, u'll never get the same experience on the road as you do on the track). Once you do that then start looking into your mods. Research carefully and you will end up with a much better result than you would if you just started throwing mods at your car.

I don't say this because I'm against modding your car. I drive a modded 6 myself and have just ordered some suspension parts to further mod my car. No, I say this because I don't want to hear 6 months to a year from now, about how you ruined your car by putting such and such part on there, and so and so told you that you could do it without any problems. Tuning your car is a system of tradeoffs. For everything gained there will be something lost. The trick is to gain the things you are after and not lose the stuff you like. And that is something you will only be able to do after lots of research and thought.

-Cameron Keffer

Old 04-19-2009, 09:05 PM

Thanks a lot Ckeffer, I will take your advice.

Old 04-20-2009, 11:38 AM
VB

I would say save that money. IMO, it's a waste of time modding an automatic.

Old 04-20-2009, 01:32 PM

Depends on what he want's to do with it. Mine's an auto and does just fine. Hell I'm consistently in the top 5 in my class, along with 2 other autos. Now if ur talking about drag then i would agree whole heartedly as an auto tranny will never put the power down as efficiently as a manual. But for autox and daily driving an auto is fine. Also, doesn't sound like he's thinking of building a monster, and a few mild mods here and there to set the car apart from the others around it is fine. Lastly, the mods i suggested to him will run him a grand total of $15-$20 at most.
> removal of door guards = $5 for a bottle of goo gone (free if he already has some)
> Airbox mod = free
> HDR lip = $10 for the material and $5-$8 for 2 rolls of 3m exterior mounting tape

-Cameron Keffer

Old 04-20-2009, 02:26 PM
VB

Yeah, but still. I'd never mod an auto if I was gonna compete with it. I guess it's alright if you're just cruising.

Old 04-20-2009, 06:32 PM

There is nothing wrong with modding and Automatic, I have managed to get another 40-45 HP on my F150 with minor performance mods, and with the 5.4 there was not a manual option. Also driven correctly an auto is just as good for both acceleration and deceleration in short events. It is the longer events with high performance where the start to show their flaws of extra heat build up and the need for extra cooling.

Old 04-21-2009, 10:22 AM

+1 Siber

Old 04-21-2009, 03:58 PM

Hey, Thanks for all the replies.
I am not looking at racing, I'm a family man, mind you, this is not the family car, I'm just looking for exactly that, a few mods to set me apart, and a few more horse would be nice.
I will look into what has been suggested.
I don't know a hell of a lot when it comes to cars, i.e. I don't know what an airbox is, but I'm willing to learn and do my homework. If there are manufacturers you would suggest to point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks all

Quick Reply: What Mods would you do????????