Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 10:32 AM
Default RE: Warranty

True, but he's only seen my car 2 times in 28,000 miles (and it was because of damage caused by crap getting thrown onto my car.) I do all of my own work on my car (modification wise)

With the mileage I put on I'll burn through the 50,000 mile warranty in just over 2 years, so I don't figure I'll get much use out of it anyway.

Old 06-13-2006, 12:18 PM

very true 87... that would make alot of sense! never thought of it like that but now i definitely see how they can easily see modifications. i would have to say around 80-90% of people don't modify their vehicles (voiding modifications). that's just a rough guess though.

Old 06-13-2006, 12:41 PM

ORIGINAL: the_gray_mazda6

very true 87... that would make alot of sense! never thought of it like that but now i definitely see how they can easily see modifications. i would have to say around 80-90% of people don't modify their vehicles (voiding modifications). that's just a rough guess though.
those statistics account for the knowelege of how you know car owners and that's via website. If you include teenage girls, non car people, old people, and practically any person who just doesn't care about the car enough to tune it (I call these people "A to B-ers" cause they only want to go from A to B) The people who do warranty voiding mods is probably around 40%.

Old 06-13-2006, 04:11 PM

Alright, well I decided I am going to put on my springs no matter what the dealer says. However, I have 42mm offset wheels on, so will I rub with the drop if I do not rub now?

Old 06-13-2006, 04:16 PM

What is the width of your rim and the size of the tire?

Old 06-15-2006, 09:38 AM

rim is 7.5 wide, um the tires are the stock 17" michelin pilot 215/50

Old 06-15-2006, 09:46 AM

You should be OK, but what you could do to check is load a bunch of weight into your car to lower the ride height a similar amount to what your springs should yield, then walk around and double check your clearances. With that offset, the only place that might be an issue is along the inner fender lip. I think you'll be fine though.

Old 06-15-2006, 01:55 PM

Yea I know the front will be fine, but one night I had about 500 pounds in the back seat and the inner fender lip was sittin on the tire, actually it was applying pressure onto the tire. Right now I only got about maybe 2 inch gap between my rear tires and the inner lip...but I am just hoping that the Tanabe;s are a bit stiffer than the stock

Old 06-15-2006, 04:54 PM

I think you answered your own question though....If it rubs with weight in the back, then the likelyhood of rubbing when you put on drop springs is there. (do you know how many inches lower than ride height it was sitting with the weight in the back?) The springs don't change the in/out position of the tire, they just cause the tire to ride at a different nominal position within the suspension travel range.

You should look at rolling the fender lips to give you a little more clearance. I think it will buy you around another 10-15mm of clearance at the outboard edge of the tire. If you don't know how to do it, go to a reputable body shop and ask them about it. Basically, there is a flange around the edge of the fender inside the lip of the wheelwell. Right now, that flange sits at a 90 degree bend to the body surface. Rolling the edge makes that flange turn 180 degrees to the body surface. Get it?

Oh yeah, if done right, this should not affect your paint.

Old 06-15-2006, 06:45 PM

Yeah I get the fender rolling part. Only problem is, there isn't any body shops around here. Do you think the dealer could be able to do it? Hmm well actually I saw a custom body shop on my way to my soccer game last week, but that was 2 hours away . But anyways, I had 3 teenagers in my back seat, plus my system in my trunk and it dropde about an inch with all the weight in the back. I only had a half an inch of gap left, but if I hit bumps or crap I know it would rub. But I am hoping that the Tanabe's will be stiffer so it will help out a bit until I can get them rolled somewhere. Anyways I sent a pic to my email from my cell here it is

That was with weight. This picture below is with just my system in the trunk and nothing else in the car.

Quick Reply: Warranty