Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Want slight drop in front. Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 04:34 PM
Default Want slight drop in front. Suggestions?

My car is stock and I actually think it looks pretty good. I might be getting some 18's in the near future wrapped in some 225/40/18's. This should not be a huge change if a change at all compared to the 17s on 215/50/17s that are on there now. I DO NOT want to roll the fenders.. the rear height looks just fine to me, but I want a very slight drop in the front. I want the great driveablity that I have now. What do you guys suggest? Coilovers and just lower the front a tad? Whats the best option preferably below the $1200 mark.

Old 07-25-2009, 05:25 PM

In order to only lower the front coil overs are pretty much your only option. Now, about having to roll the fenders, that will depend more on the offset of the wheel than your ride hight. Ride height will not cause rubbing, only increase it's frequency.

For options, I know that there are several people on another forum running Buddy Club and Tein Basic coil over systems that absolutely love both of them. The Tein's will only give you ride height adjustment. The Buddy Club's will give you ride height and damping adjustment.

-Cameron Keffer

Old 07-26-2009, 09:12 AM

Yea I also know that some coil overs give you an instant drop and then an adjustable drop after that, and Id like to keep the stock height if I so choose. I also want good ride quality but with improved performance, I figured I would get that with a good coil over system. Also do you know what an ideal offset would be if i got an 18x7.5-7.55 rim and was thinking of 225/40/18s tires?

Old 07-26-2009, 01:42 PM

Ideal? No, no I don't. Mainly due to the fact that the wheels that i just got (which I thought would be safe (able to be run without rolling the fenders) rub, slightly, when I have people in the rear seats. These are 18x7.5 with a 52mm offset, and I am running 225/45. Is there a reason you are so opposed to rolling the fenders?

-Cameron Keffer

Old 07-27-2009, 12:12 PM

Yea Ive seen some bad rolling jobs, Id rather not have to do it, especially if i try to sell the car one day and its obvious that all the fenders are slightly mishapen but I guess it just depends where you go. Plus id love to have the wheels stick out alittle, i love when cars have a wider stance, not when the wheel are tucked into the fenders.

Old 07-27-2009, 07:14 PM

trust me, you don't want them sticking out. If you have that and the car bottoms out it will do SEVERE damage to the car. Flush you can get away with if you have the fenders rolled and the proper amount of camber dialed in. Race cars that you see that have their wheels sticking out have usually had their fenders cut in such a way that they will not hit the metal of the car with the tires if they bottom out.

-Cameron Keffer

Old 07-27-2009, 08:26 PM

yea i realize that, i just love that look but i know it takes a lot of work to acheive. Just trying to think of the best wheel/suspension combo. Right now Im thinking 18s with some 225/40/18 tires and coilovers.. Expensive but def the way to go i think.

Old 07-28-2009, 09:47 AM

Those will work, so long as you pay attention to the offset, though I'd recomend 225/45 tires as they will be closer to the overall stock size and won't throw your speedometer off as much.

-Cameron Keffer

Old 07-28-2009, 01:34 PM

Yea I notied that a 225/40 is actually slightly smaller than the stock setup, thought a 45 would be slightly larger, so im not sure what would work better.

Old 07-28-2009, 03:09 PM

I'm running 45's and my speedo reads pretty much dead on.

Quick Reply: Want slight drop in front. Suggestions?