Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

turning radius...

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 06:35 PM
Default turning radius...

Is it just me or does anyone else notice or thinkthat the Mazda6 has a really crappy turn radius. I mean, I'm not expecting Porche 911 type turn radiusbut come on... it pretty pathetic from wheel lock to wheel lock. My mom's 98 Accord Sedan has noticeablybetter turn raidiusfrom wheel lock to wheel lock then my M6 andI figure both cars are about the same in size and class. I wouldn't think the M6's wheel base is thaaat much bigger. What gives??? Sometimes whenbusting au-turn(or similar action)I feel like the steering wheelshould move more past its normal stopping point but it always seems to lock earlier than I would expect from this car.

Comments? Questions? Concerns? Would love to hear what others think.

Old 06-04-2007, 08:06 PM
Default RE: turning radius...

yeah it kinda does suck...the car handles amazing, but turning radius isnt much to brag about. my 93 bronco that im sellinghad a better turning radius then my new 6, literally.lol. oh well i still love this car!

Old 06-04-2007, 09:04 PM

This issue has been well reported in the inital reviews of the Mazda 6. It's an otherwise excellent car, but I really wished they had solved this issue before starting production.

Old 06-05-2007, 02:58 AM

lol i hate the turning radius in my mazda 6.I always have to make a u-turn in on my street and always have to make it a 3 point turn. It takes turns great and i love everything about it but the turning radius really does suck.

Old 06-05-2007, 07:36 AM

I agree, the turning radius is horrible! My '00 Accord had a better turning radius than this car. BUT, the car is still fantastic, I can live with the poor turning radius!

Old 06-05-2007, 01:11 PM

Phewwww, it ain't just me then. Oh well,I knew something just didnt feel right about the turning radius on this car. It's abnormally worser then most cars but I guess I was just in denial at first, lols. But I'll definitley agree on the handles of this car in its class, it's awesome!

Btw, does anyone here who's more keen in the auto department know why this car in particular has such horrible turning radius? Is it due to the fact this car has such great handling so it took away from the turning? Sorry if it's a lame question.

Old 06-05-2007, 06:13 PM

Yeah I hate it too. My parents explorer has a better turning radius...

Old 06-06-2007, 01:41 AM

im guessing the way the wheel wells are made. also my grandma use to have a some type of chevy that was a boat and it turned way better. I was told that front wheel drive cars dont have as good turning radius because if the front axles.

Old 06-07-2007, 03:48 PM

Ummm, yes...I've noticed that same phenomenon. The turning radius on my '04 6 Wagon sucks as well!

David

Old 06-08-2007, 09:39 AM

Any rear wheel drive car is going to have a better turning radius then a FWD car. Its simple mechanics. But I think if we are all upset about the turning radius that is something to be happy about, because everything else on this car is amazing...

Quick Reply: turning radius...