Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Speed6 production...

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 05:29 PM
Default Speed6 production...

Hi all,
I am new here. I have been looking for a car to suit my needs. Something powerful with AWD that can seat 4 and be within my price range. Well the speed6 is the ONLY car out there that can do that. The STI and EVO are a bit too costly and lack comforts like nav systems and the luxury that comes with the speed6. Anyway, I went to the dealer to check out the speed6 and although I am not yet ready to buy it, he told me that the 07 is going to be the last year that it is made. 1) Is this true?

2) If not, what is the last year that it's production is expected (if known)?

3) If mazda decides to scrap the speed6, will they have a powerful AWD platform to take its place? (i hope so).

4) Lastly, is mazda really a ford? Is this a ford automobile or do they just own mazda?

Old 07-30-2007, 09:34 PM
Default RE: Speed6 production...

The speed6 is a great car. I just got one and i am in love with it. Ford doesnt own mazda, they just have a partnership in it. The mazda 6 3.0L engine is built by ford but is designed by mazda. 07 is the last year for the speed6 so get it while you can. Only thing i heard was the mazda is going to put out a mazda 6 with a 3.5L engine. Thats what ive heard so far but im not positive that its all correct.

Old 07-30-2007, 09:42 PM

Now most importantly though, is that new mazda 6 that they are coming out with going to offer an AWD platform?

I would never buy a ford motor because of reliablity issues. Don't think me unpatriotic, it's just that reliablilty is my #1 concern when purchasing an automobile. So in reality, this is NOT a ford engine b/c it was designed by mazda even though they use the ford plants?

Old 07-31-2007, 08:35 AM

the 3.0L he refered to is the v6 found in the S models and as far as i have been able to gather it's a ford block, but all the other parts are mazda sourced. I know nothing about the 2.3l I4 which i believe the MS6 has a turbo charged version of. As for the new model, not much info has been released yet that I know of other than the fact that it's supposed to be bigger and heavier as well as nicer on the inside *rolls eyes* in other words they're turning it into an old person car [:@]. Ah well, easey come easy go. Hope ths helps!

-Cameron Keffer

Old 07-31-2007, 04:11 PM

The 3.0 l V6 is a ford engine. Ford owns a controlling stake in mazda. Go to www.ford.com. the V6 engine is called the "duratec" engine with is being phased out and it is now the "cyclone" engine that is the 3.5. That is in the new taurus, fusion, edge MS6 etc. The 2.4L 4 cyl is all mazdas engine...Ford is a reliable car. Despite what you hear the new cars on the road right now are rankign extremely high, especially the fusion is ranked higher in performance, quality and reliability compared to the camry and accord...Dont believe what everyone says...