Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

So what happens if theres no fix available

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 03:57 AM
Default So what happens if theres no fix available

My speed6 is in the shop for misfiring/valve knocking during acceleration. Both the tech and MazdaTech line are stumped with this problem and now have put out a call to all dealerships to see if any other Mazda service has ran across this certain problem. The tech told me their is no fix for this problem. So where does that leave me? has anyone here had this type of problem and how was it resolved. If theirs no fix should I keep the car until they come out with a fix or should I ask for another speed6? I LOVE MY SPEED6

Old 11-17-2006, 05:11 AM
Default RE: So what happens if theres no fix available

If they can't fix it, it may be a lemon. If they can't fix it, I imagine they'll either replace the engine, or give you a new speed 6.

Old 11-18-2006, 06:28 AM

Well just found out today, after 2 days on the phone to both tech line and Mazda engineering dept and having a new 07 right next to my ride to test and compare both, service guy told me to come pick up my ride. There's no fix for this problem! Mazda engineering will be doing the research for repair but since my car is the only one doing this, it will be MONTHS!!!!! before I can get my ride repaired. The car does drive but how would you like to drive a brand new car that stutters and hesitates during acceleration. I'm hoping I might be able to exchange my ride if they cant get in fixed, but even if they do find a fix in the next month. What kind of damage do you thing I might be doing to the engine

Old 11-18-2006, 05:11 PM

If you take the car back to the dealer (3) times for the same issue and they can not fix it, they must provide a new vehicle under Lemon Law. If your car is the only one doing this then there is something defective with your specific vehicle. Best bet is to contact a legal service and verify the Lemon Laws in your state, then do everything to comply with that law in order to get your vehicle replaced.

Old 11-19-2006, 05:10 AM

There is no fix for the problem just means they don't know the cause of the problem. Hopefully the will offer you a rental or demo car while yours is being fixed. It would be a very good idea to check into lemon laws. If you are pinging or potentially knocking, this can cause serious damage to your valvetrain if the knock sensor is not cutting in and the computer isn't adjusting the fuel delivery to compensate. They need to find and fix the problem before it causes something to go seriously wrong. Check into the lemon laws, call mazda and ask about a replacement vehicle or to at least give you a demo car or rental because a couple months is too much time to have the car in the shop, ESPECIALLY if it's brand new and no fault to you.