Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

So the dealer tried to rip me off today...

Old 06-29-2007, 04:23 PM
VB
Default So the dealer tried to rip me off today...

Because the '04 6i I bought two weeks ago was CRAP today when I went to pick it up.

The shift console was replaced with a SCRATCHED one, a piece covering a relay(I think) by where the clutch pedal would be was missing, and the car shook badly when I turned the wheel. The latter was obviously a power steering belt problem, but the rest made me go "Wtf?" They had two weeks to prep the car, and I called two days in advance - yet there was no gas, the car wasn't washed, and they took my mats!! They were ready to make me drive out with the car like that. And the manager's argument was "It's a used car, sir." Oh, excuse me, I guess that justifies me paying 16K for something that runs and feels like crap.

Needless to say, I got my check refunded, and I'm off to find a car again.. [>:]

Not bashing Mazda at all, just the guys in Wayne didn't know what the hell they were doing, and they tried to bull**** their way out of it. Never going there again. [:'(]

Old 06-29-2007, 04:28 PM
Default RE: So the dealer tried to rip me off today...

Wayne in what state? I'm sellinga real nice 3 in Michigan...For WAAAYYYY less than 16K ($12,500)

[IMG]local://upfiles/2513/F97285D8941C496C8873E5634FD62FD0.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-29-2007, 04:34 PM
VB

Wayne, NJ. He claims to be the largest in the country. Don't really care if he's telling the truth or not at this point.

And I'm 6'1. The 3 is a little too small for me...this coming from a guy who drove a Corolla for two years. [:'(]

Old 06-29-2007, 04:36 PM

Have you driven the 3? I have both a 6 and a 3...I've got more headroom in the 3, and I can put the seat back so far I can't touch the pedals. (I'm 5'9")

Old 06-29-2007, 04:51 PM
VB

I have, and it's a little too small for me to be really comfortable in. And I don't think there will ever be a car that I could push the seat far back enough to not be able to reach the pedals..(I wear a 15, so touching any pedal is not a problem)

Old 07-01-2007, 03:08 AM

I have heard a lot of negative comments about Wayne, but I have also heard a lot of positive ones. That sucks that they tried doing that to you, but good thing u straightened it out!

Old 07-01-2007, 07:25 AM
VB

What really sucks is that there are almost no 3's or 6's at the dealerships around me (excluding Wayne). They're elusive buggers for my price range. Seems like I might be forced to go domestic after all. [:-]

Old 07-01-2007, 04:02 PM

yea it sucks when dealerships try to screw u.......i hate that.........just because its a used car doesnt mean it doesnt get the same treatment as a new one........i'll be damned if they treat my 04' 6s llike a piece of crap.....when it looks better than some of the new **** they have on there lot

Old 07-04-2007, 05:42 PM

ORIGINAL: VB

What really sucks is that there are almost no 3's or 6's at the dealerships around me (excluding Wayne). They're elusive buggers for my price range. Seems like I might be forced to go domestic after all. [:-]
Go check out the Ford Fusion with the 4-cyl. You still get around 30 mpg and it's been very highly rated for quality.

Old 07-04-2007, 07:40 PM
VB

The Fusions are too new, I can't afford any used ones. And insurance on anearly new car would kill me - I'm seventeen.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: So the dealer tried to rip me off today...