Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Sensors not working + other issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2022, 04:04 AM
Default Sensors not working + other issues

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum, but just wanted some advice as I've found going to the dealership not particularly helpful.

Car is Mazda 6 Sport Nav (2019 reg) with safety pack

1) So driving home from work I had a warning symbol pop up on the infotainment to check my surroundings and it seems to be indicating the front passenger side sensor isn't working. Although all the sensors are no longer working and the light is flashing on the Parking Sensor button. If I turn the sensor on, every time I set off or but the car in reverse the warning comes back up onto the infotainment screen. Any ideas what this could be? Have the sensors gone or is there something which can be done to fix this? I'll attach pics with this post. I took the car for a wash just to make sure the sensors weren't being covered by something but that didn't fix anything, bit of a long shot I guess. There car hasn't been involved in any bumps or accidents recently.

2) The second issue is I'm getting a lot of condensation on the interior of my windscreen! I'm based in the UK and it's winter here at the moment, but never had an issue with condensation with my previous Mazda 6 Sport Nav (2016). When it's really cold there's even ice forming on the inside. I took it to the dealership but they claimed they couldn't find any condensation after keeping the car outside for 3 days in the cold. I find that very hard to believe as I get a lot of condensation each and every morning, again, I'll attach pics. It's the original windscreen.

Any help for the above two issues would be greatly appreciated!!

Old 01-15-2022, 05:36 AM
Super Moderator

One of the front sensors is malfunctioning. Inspect them very carefully for stone chips, scratches & any sign of misalignment.

Old 01-15-2022, 08:59 AM
Default Condensation in Mazda CX 5, 2021.5 and AC heater controls

This is one frustrating car! I get into a freezing car at minus 25 degrees here in Canada and when i switch on the heater after the water has warmed up, it defaults to turning on the AC and AIR INTAKE from outside, so more cold air comes into cabin. You just can't simply turn on heater and use RE-CIRCULATING option with air blowing at windshield. If you select one option, then it will turn on or switch off another option on heater controls.
To answer your question, maybe that's why AC comes on always by default to get rid of moisture and condensation. Yes you do need to use AC to do that, but not when i get into car on a freezing morning. When car on highway and warm, turn on AC to extract moisture. I lived in UK, and left because its cold and wet. If you don't turn on AC, then moisture from shoes will rust floor.

Old 01-29-2023, 10:42 AM
Default I'm having the same issue. Did you get a solution?

Originally Posted by Grey Wolf
Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum, but just wanted some advice as I've found going to the dealership not particularly helpful.

Car is Mazda 6 Sport Nav (2019 reg) with safety pack

1) So driving home from work I had a warning symbol pop up on the infotainment to check my surroundings and it seems to be indicating the front passenger side sensor isn't working. Although all the sensors are no longer working and the light is flashing on the Parking Sensor button. If I turn the sensor on, every time I set off or but the car in reverse the warning comes back up onto the infotainment screen. Any ideas what this could be? Have the sensors gone or is there something which can be done to fix this? I'll attach pics with this post. I took the car for a wash just to make sure the sensors weren't being covered by something but that didn't fix anything, bit of a long shot I guess. There car hasn't been involved in any bumps or accidents recently.

2) The second issue is I'm getting a lot of condensation on the interior of my windscreen! I'm based in the UK and it's winter here at the moment, but never had an issue with condensation with my previous Mazda 6 Sport Nav (2016). When it's really cold there's even ice forming on the inside. I took it to the dealership but they claimed they couldn't find any condensation after keeping the car outside for 3 days in the cold. I find that very hard to believe as I get a lot of condensation each and every morning, again, I'll attach pics. It's the original windscreen.

Any help for the above two issues would be greatly appreciated!!

I'm having the same issue. Did you get a solution?

Old 02-02-2023, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Surferdave74
I'm having the same issue. Did you get a solution?
Eventually it actually went away by itself after a few months, possibly a loose wire/connection?

However it has come back a year later now affecting front-passenger and central-front sensor. Might get it checked my an Auto Electrician.

Old 02-03-2023, 06:35 AM
Default Condensation

A few weeks ago when we were going through that really cold spell, when I finished work and came out to de-ice the car, it too was frozen on the inside like you describe.
Took quite a while to defrost using the heater too.
(mines a 2016 sport nav)

Old 04-06-2023, 03:02 PM

So basically it's water ingress and the cable loops need replacing. An expensive job. Poor build quality really, I'm not impressed

Old 04-07-2023, 08:14 PM
Default Condensstion

The other reason for EXCESSIVE condensation is, the inside dash heater core has developed a leak. It could be a bad weld in the heater core. Check coolant level. If it is dropping, then you know it is leaking. Do you use antifreeze or water in radiator in uk these days?

Hi,
if your getting heavy condensation inside, try to put on A/C to dry out the cab. In the uk, I never had A/c so I don't know if you do. The other issue could be, wet shoes and wet carpets will cause condensation. Vacuum the carpets and remove any fabric like coats from trunk as can hold moisture. Leave windows open a crack and dry out inside with blower heater. If you have A/c then the dryer in a/c is malfunctioned, as it is not removing the moisture from the cab. In Canada, we bring s lot of snow and water into the cab with our shoes, and we turn on A/c in winter to remove the moisture.

The sensor, are u referring to side mirror sensors or bumper sensors? I have both on my 2021 cx 5.
it looks llike one of your sensors has failed or corroded wiring. You have two options.
1) if u have a expensive dealer like obdc reader, you could turn off the sensor all together. Not that useful.
2) Buy new sensor and replace.
In my CX 5, i can go to settings and turn OFF sensors, but yours is much older so may not have that option.
good luck. Let me know how it goes.
Mazdagus

Old 05-13-2023, 01:43 PM
Default Repair cost?

Originally Posted by Grey Wolf
So basically it's water ingress and the cable loops need replacing. An expensive job. Poor build quality really, I'm not impressed
Hi, my Mazda6 is having the same issue intermittently. There's no visible damage to the sensors and I was advised the wiring loom probably needs replacing due to water ingress but it hasn't been diagnosed yet due to the intermittent nature of it. How much were you quoted for the repair? Considering just getting the repair done, regardless.

Old 04-18-2024, 02:24 AM
Default I fixed it

Follow this instruction in link below, clear the connector with contact cleaner and viola, i fixed the issue, save a lot of money as authorized workshop will easily demand sensor and cable replacement
Link here

Last edited by Bayu024; 04-18-2024 at 02:26 AM. Reason: Additional info