Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Recomended Maintanence

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 01:55 AM
Default Recomended Maintanence

Hi, I'm new to the forums and own a 2006 Mazda 6i. I purchased this car used with MANY miles at 86,000. I have owned if for about a year and now has 98,000 but still runs strong except for a minor problems here and there that only recently started. The only repair I have needed to do is replace a wheel bearing. Well recently I have been faced with a problem, my car is an automatic and has been shifting hard into 4th. I checked my transmission fluid and it's dark brown and I know it needs to be replaced. I plan on taking it in next week to have it serviced but I'm hearing from different people that doing a transmission flush with so many miles can actually ruin your transmission due to detergents and other things. Is there a possibility that having my transmission fluid flushed can actually ruin my tranny? Also, with my car having 98,000 miles, what type of maintanence should I look into doing for my Mazda? I bought it 10 months ago and have only done routine maintanence such as oil changes etc. I fell in love with my Mazda the day i bought it and still am. Mazda 6 is a well built car and have no complaints, I just want to take care of it until I can get a new Mazda 6 in the future

I appreciate any help you can give me

Old 09-22-2009, 06:24 AM

Definitely flush and fill the transmission with that kind of mileage. Who knows, it may have been changed prior. Even if it hasn't, are you going to leave that old fluid in there? The oil breaks down over time/mileage and doesn't do as good a job lubricating.

I'd recommend putting in new spark plugs as well.

I've had my wife's 6 since new and it's at 94,000+ miles now and running strong.