Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Questions, questions, help me out.

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 03:06 PM
Question Questions, questions, help me out.

I own an '04 Mazda 6i, 5 speed manual, with about 32k miles on it. I'm really thinking about tricking it out a little, maybe I can get some advice on what I had in mind:

-I want to tint the windows. I was told that you can get really ripped off with window tinting, that it can get messed up after a while or whatnot. I don't want a sticker you slap on the inside of the windows, I want an actual tint job. So what do you suggest? And where would I go to have this sort of thing done?

-I want to lower it-- not too much, I know that lowering my car will give me plenty of problems with speed bumps and scraping driveways and such, so I'm thinking like an inch at most, just to give the car a little different look and feel. Is this a bad idea? If I were to go for it, where would I go to have this sort of thing done?

-I want to get an exhaust job done. I have two exhaust pipes, so does that mean I need to get 2 mufflers? And would that look crappy, to have two big hunks of metal dangling from the back of my car? I'm thinking if i could just do one muffler direct out, that would be better/less expensive, but it would look odd as there are two cutouts for pipes in my rear bumper. If i decide to go for this, where would I go to have it done?

Thanks again for the time and help!!

Old 02-14-2009, 05:02 PM

Can't help you with the tint. The rest though is fairly easy.

Drop:
1. racingbeat - drop is around 3/4 inch, and springs are 20% stiffer to compensate.
2. Mazdaspeed - drop is around 1.5in, and springs are 30% stiffer to compensate (note, bumpstops must be trimed to use these springs)

Exhaust:
1. magnaflow catback, or axleback (one of the more popular exhaust options for this car.
2. racingbeat axleback
3. mazdaspeed axleback
there are plenty more options than these, but these tend to be the most popular oprions since they aren't horribly expansive, but are made well.
Most of this stuff can be found at WWW.therpmstore.com

-Cameron Keffer

Old 03-07-2009, 04:49 PM
Default Air-con in mazda 6 year 2004

My questions is about air-con.If someone know how much can cost filtr for air-con for mazda 6 year 2004?

Old 03-09-2009, 08:49 AM

Are you asking about the cabin air filter? It is not just for the A/C. Buy aftermarket, costs $15-$20. It is located behind the glove box.