Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

please help

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 02:39 PM
Default please help

I have a stupid question...can I play a CD-RW in my car? I've got the 6 disc changer and don't know if it's mp3 compatible. I think it is though. I read the manual and of course it didn't explain it too well. any help will be appreciated!

Old 02-27-2010, 04:11 PM
Super Moderator

Hmmmm. I'm not personally sure myself, but I think if you have an '06 or later it should.
I know my '04 will not... found that out the hard way.
Why not just try it and see? What have you got to lose?

Old 02-27-2010, 04:31 PM

I did and nothing happened. the time just kept ticking and I tried to change songs but it stayed on #1, but there wasn't even a song on the cd. but the comp said it was fully burned. and my car is an '08

Old 02-27-2010, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by ginia
I did and nothing happened. the time just kept ticking and I tried to change songs but it stayed on #1, but there wasn't even a song on the cd. but the comp said it was fully burned. and my car is an '08

Try the CD in another CD player first

Old 03-03-2010, 05:34 PM
VB

Originally Posted by ginia
On old burning software, the CD-RW's wouldn't play in most car stereos without you "finalizing" them, which I assume means just that. What did you burn with?

Old 03-05-2010, 05:51 PM

well I went and bought a pack of CD-R's and made a new cd. I tried to play it on my stereo in my room and this wouldn't play. I haven't tried it in my car yet. I used Windows Media Player. I might just have to break down and get an Ipod of some sort cuz this is really gettin on my nerves

Old 03-05-2010, 07:37 PM
Super Moderator

Ginia,
I admit that I suck at all this stuff too. I often make "coasters" while trying to copy media on the computer.
Are you sure you are not creating a Data CD-ROM instead of a Music CD? I know there is a difference and CD-ROMs will not play in std CD players, but will act like a std CD on your computer drive.

Old 03-06-2010, 12:02 AM

yea it's a music CD. but it didn't work in my car either. just on my laptop. i'm startin to really hate technology

Old 03-06-2010, 02:38 PM

I got it! virgin you were right. turns out it was automatically set to create a data cd instead of music. but I found the button to change it so now I'm cruisin with da beats!

Old 03-08-2010, 08:55 PM

Good to hear that you got this resolved.

Quick Reply: please help