Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

performance modifications

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 02:23 PM
Default performance modifications

I want to upgrade my exhaust and add a CAI on my 06 mazda6. My mazda dealer has a mazdaspeed shop associated with it and they are recommending mazdaspeed parts over an aftermarket setup that I was considering, magnaflow exhaust & injen CAI, the biggest part of their reasoning seems to be the warranty issue. The cost associated with using mazdaspeed is significant. I've been watching the forum for awhile and I haven't seen this mentioned. Anyone got any feedback on this. I appreciate your help. Thanks

Old 03-20-2007, 04:51 PM
Default RE: performance modifications

The warranty will not be effected with installing a CAI or a CAT BACK system. The reason cat back is capitalized is that it the only way that type of an upgrade won't effect your warranty, if you switch out your headers then you are putting your warranty in jepordy. The reason the dealers reccomend their own stuff is to bilk you out of your $. Don't listen to that junk. Even if you were to have an issue later with aftermarket parts they'd have to determine that the cause of the problem was directly related to the upgrade you did, to not honor the warranty.

D to the B

Old 03-20-2007, 04:57 PM

Can you reccomend a high-quality CAI? I'm pretty green to all of this and I'm trying to learn the ropes, but I wouldn't mind enhancing my 6S.

I have an '05 6S, V6, ATX

Thanks!

-Anthony

Old 03-20-2007, 05:34 PM

high quality CAI...hmm..
injen, AEM, K&N to name a few... just do a quick search... but stay away from ebay brands...

Old 03-20-2007, 07:34 PM

'04 6s with a AEM CAI and I love it, I noticed a major difference in throttle response with a slight HP gain.

Old 03-20-2007, 08:09 PM

I would have to say CPE in the best intake out there for these cars. Its the most expensive too, but it wont set a check engine. http://www.cp-e.com/2001.html

Double D

Old 03-20-2007, 08:39 PM

Thanks for the input JKoolMann!

Old 03-20-2007, 09:48 PM

CPE, eh? I looked at the Injen as well, I don't mind spending the extra dollars if it's a good, quality part. I don't want anything that will damage my engine nor do I want to void my warranty. So, do you all recommend a "STANDOUT" CAI? Are there certain models of CAI that would fit better than others?

Now, someone told me to be careful because if you get water in these things the engine is done? How likely is that? (Sorry if it sounds like a basic question, I'm SO new to this)

-Anthony

Old 03-21-2007, 01:14 AM

not so much done, but it just Hydrolocks... cuz water doesnt compress like air does...
you just have to either mount it higher up in the engine bay,
OR
put a water proof cover over it, and avoid puddles if you can....

and according to my dealership, the MazdaSpeed intakes fit the best, because mazda manufactures it, but then again, they're just trying to get money out of you....

Old 03-21-2007, 03:59 PM

The Mazdaspeed intake is made by AEM. You will have to avoid the carwash with a underbody sprayer. It WILL blow the MAF sensor. They are creating something similiar to a filter sock to avoid these problems.

Quick Reply: performance modifications