Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

My 6 is freaking my out HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 08:10 PM
Default My 6 is freaking my out HELP!

I went to get in my car today. The remote would not unlock the car, but it would lock it and not set the alarm. I drove to the mall and my car was fine. On the way home, my interior lights started blinking off and on then the doors were locking and unlockning and the trunk would pop open. I get home and take the key out of the ignition, turn the lights off and the doors are still locking and unlocking. My passenger side blinker lights are blinking off and on, then they will stay on solid then go off. This is still happening and the doors still keep locking and unlocking. What could this be?

Old 08-24-2008, 10:12 PM
Default RE: My 6 is freaking my out HELP!

I'd recomend a couple of priests and a couple gallons of holy water....Seriously though, Ive got nothing. Wish I could be of more help.

-Cameron Keffer

Old 08-25-2008, 05:53 AM
Super Moderator

Electronics.Ain't they great?? Either way it's sounds like a trip back to the dealer for you and your 6. I assume you are still under warranty?
It seems that it's either a/some crossed wires (hardware,) or the ECUis having a nervous break down (software,) butit sure sounds like that gallon of holy water and a Mazda Tech, in this case the Priest,could exorcise the demon for you.
Sorry for your trouble.

Old 08-27-2008, 01:26 PM

Christine is in the shop now. the dealership told me that they would have to replace the Body Control Module. Can anyone tell me if they have had to change this part and what exactly does this part do?

Oh by the way, when I woke up Monday morning the windows were half way down and still locking & unlocking. Good thing it had stopped raining.