Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda6 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda6-20/)
-   -   The mechanic put a wrong gearbox in my Mazda 6 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda6-20/mechanic-put-wrong-gearbox-my-mazda-6-a-44263/)

_avocado_ 04-09-2020 10:44 AM

The mechanic put a wrong gearbox in my Mazda 6

Hi!

I bought a Mazda 6 from 2014. The gearbox was vibrating when driving in 6th gear. I contacted the seller, who tried different solutions, and in the end I got another gearbox. The car does not vibrate anymore, but there is another problem - the computer cannot see when I shift to 6th gear. It keeps "thinking" that I have the 5th gear, and suggests me to switch to the 6 gear (even though I am already driving in 6th gear). The mechanic was very surprised of the fact that the gearbox does not match. So, it looks like the gearbox is ok, while the computer on the gearbox is different. The mechanic promised to fix the issue, but a long time has passed now, and he keeps postponing the work. He promises to put the correct gearbox, but I am tired of waiting.

So, my question is whether it is possible to keep the (wrong) gearbox that I have now and somehow only change the computer on it? If that is cheap, then I can probably pay for it myself and forget about this issue. Or is that a bad idea and I should get the correct gearbox?
Sorry, I do not know much about the technical aspects, but thought that maybe mazda produces several gearboxes and puts different computers on them. Then this solution should be ok?

Thanks!

grim_reaper 04-10-2020 09:36 AM

Is it a manual or automatic gearbox?

_avocado_ 06-01-2020 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by grim_reaper (Post 182613)

Manual. Sorry, just received the notification email today.

_avocado_ 06-02-2020 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by grim_reaper (Post 182613)

Manual

grim_reaper 06-03-2020 12:42 AM

I would contact your local Mazda dealer for assistance.

Naj 02-25-2024 11:35 AM

Mazda 6 gearbox transmission reading gear wrinkly

Originally Posted by _avocado_ (Post 182592)
Hi!

I bought a Mazda 6 from 2014. The gearbox was vibrating when driving in 6th gear. I contacted the seller, who tried different solutions, and in the end I got another gearbox. The car does not vibrate anymore, but there is another problem - the computer cannot see when I shift to 6th gear. It keeps "thinking" that I have the 5th gear, and suggests me to switch to the 6 gear (even though I am already driving in 6th gear). The mechanic was very surprised of the fact that the gearbox does not match. So, it looks like the gearbox is ok, while the computer on the gearbox is different. The mechanic promised to fix the issue, but a long time has passed now, and he keeps postponing the work. He promises to put the correct gearbox, but I am tired of waiting.

So, my question is whether it is possible to keep the (wrong) gearbox that I have now and somehow only change the computer on it? If that is cheap, then I can probably pay for it myself and forget about this issue. Or is that a bad idea and I should get the correct gearbox?
Sorry, I do not know much about the technical aspects, but thought that maybe mazda produces several gearboxes and puts different computers on them. Then this solution should be ok?

Thanks!

Hi I am having the same issue with Mazda 6 2.2 diesel manual. Recently changed the gearbox going on gear 6 it tells me I am on gear 5 while I am already on gear 6 and indicates to change to gear 6.

Your thought and help much appreciated. Thanks