Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Mazdaspeed 6

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 01:32 AM
Default RE: Mazdaspeed 6

i have not been able to drive the speed 6 let alone see it on the streets, but from what i see from the posts you guys have and the pros and cons of the car all i can say is this *ahem*

Pros:AWD, stock turbo, comfortable (to me), 6spd manual tranny, ....even number, and good price, nice handeling, smooth shifts, beat a STI

Cons:the hood looks too ridged and boxy, the lower half in front and the rims look they were stolen from the new Jetta, dont like how the mufflers are enclosed like that,....basically the looks, again too much plastic for my taste

Old 06-01-2006, 02:38 PM

I don't mind saying that there's not not much plastic added to the Speed6. There's a hint of it on the sideskirts and the subdued rear spoiler. The front facia/grill goes well with the car and looks pretty good, at least to me. Guess it would since I've own a Speed6 now for two full weeks. Although I have to agree with most that the rear end, mainly the exhaust, looks a little funny. I may be looking for an aftermarket fix some day.

One other comment Id like to make in regards to performance times. It's funny how difference car magazines and websites have varying 0-60 and 1/4 mile times for the Speed6. Perhaps it's a simple matter of who is doing the testing, how experience he or she is and the environmental conditions. It could also be that the tester is caught off guard with the touchy clutch. Or, they're just guessing. In any case, I think that the Feb 2006 issue of Car and Driver was pretty accuate when they tested the Speed6 and achieved 0-60 in 5.4 seconds and smoked the 1/4 mile in 14 seconds flat. This is probably a more accurate reflection of the Speed6s capabilities. I do however think the Speed6 is more refined than Car and Drive gave it credit for and that it's overall standing should have been higher. But then again, they don't own the cars, they just test them. Also, ask any Speed6 owner and they will probably agree that the car is a thrill to drive and suits their needs well.

Old 06-01-2006, 09:03 PM

Speed6 is deffinately a plus. Rer bumpe rand wheels could be changed but in person they are beautifel the pics hardly do it any justice. It's a great car and it's is supposed to be a refined sports car that normal everyday people can enjoy withuot the stiff ride and noisyness, yet deliver when called upon. I say great can and the styling is right up my ally. Also you know mazda didn't want to change the opening in the front but they HAD to for engine cooling. I'm all about function over looks. The car is great in all aspects. +1 for Mazdspeed6.

Old 06-01-2006, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by speedy6
As for the great debate on the body style I think it's good, though not as refined as the BMWs, Acuras or Lexi in the same price range. The 7" radio antenna is kinda goofy too since most other cars have a fin or nothing at all. The interior is great. Hopefully you'll go beyond looks since the performance is such a good value for the price.
I have a friend who bought a mazda3 and while he was at the dealership and they were doing his credit check he stole the antennae off of an S2000 and swaped it onto the car he was buying. It fits. So hopefully you won't steal it but go to the honda dealership and order an antennae

Old 06-02-2006, 01:33 AM

you think that antenna will fit a mazda6?

Old 06-02-2006, 02:46 AM

ORIGINAL: the_gray_mazda6

you think that antenna will fit a mazda6?
you could always find out at the Honda dealership it'd be funny trying to explain what you're doing but apparently antennae treading is universal because both the S2000 and the Mazda3 share it so I guess the 6 would, as a matter of fact I bet the Mazda3 and Mazda6 share the same antennae all together. If you have an Mazda3 owning friends locally mention how you were wondering if it would work and try a quick swap out then turn on the radio.

Old 06-03-2006, 12:48 AM

The speed 6 would smoke our cars...I dont know why you guys think it wouldn't...lol, give me some of that ganja that you are smokin...ha ha

Old 06-03-2006, 02:01 AM

If i had a choice between the STI, EVO9 MR or Speed 6

I would definitely pick the EVO9 in no time

amazing launches off the line, plus its got 2 less cylinders and less torque than the STI. and can outhandle a Lambo. Gallardo

the mazda 6 is nice. but i feel its not a competitor. i wish i woulda helped in pickin the right components for that engine[:@]

Old 06-03-2006, 03:14 AM

But the 6 is still considered a Family car. But it outhandles the Evo. If you want a smaller car that has a couple tenths on the 6, go right ahead and get the EVO. But there is no other positive aspect to buying a EVO other then it is fast!

Old 06-03-2006, 06:23 AM

ORIGINAL: talnteddriver29

If i had a choice between the STI, EVO9 MR or Speed 6

I would definitely pick the EVO9 in no time

amazing launches off the line, plus its got 2 less cylinders and less torque than the STI. and can outhandle a Lambo. Gallardo

the mazda 6 is nice. but i feel its not a competitor. i wish i woulda helped in pickin the right components for that engine[:@]

no, the subaru is a 4 cyl too.

Quick Reply: Mazdaspeed 6