Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Mazda 6 in nascar?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 07:00 PM
Default Mazda 6 in nascar?

I am nascar fan and I have some information for everyone. Do you know Mazda will have a part in Nascar next year? Well, I am slightly joking. However, next year the Ford Fusion is replacing the Fort Taurus in Nascar. And guess what platform the Fusion is from? The Mazda 6! The Fusion has the same chassis and engine. Although the nascar version will have the V-8 engine in it, doesn't it dissapoint the Mazda 6 fans out there, that the Fusion (a ugly car in my opinion) will problably get more exposure. It is pratically a Mazda 6. It just frustrated me a little. Thoughts and opinions?

--Brennan --- mazda6z on AOL IM

Old 10-02-2005, 07:22 PM
Default RE: Mazda 6 in nascar?

nascar is lame

Old 10-03-2005, 12:38 PM

lol. thanks for the relpy. It really aids the discussion!!

Old 10-03-2005, 07:32 PM

just kidding. honestly, i think that its nice they're getting rid of some of these older stale looking cars. im just mad they got rid of pontiac a few years ago

Old 10-04-2005, 01:51 AM

your so right. What ever happened to Pontiac? I like Pontiac!

Old 10-04-2005, 05:20 PM

Pontiac much to my sadness is being dragged down in GM's colossal screw up of management. I miss the days of the trans am, and cars that actually looked like you might want to buy it regardless of its massively poor gas millage and even worse build quality. Ford has a much larger stake in NASCAR so the stupid fusion of course would get retro'd for NASCAR long before they'd ever allow the 6 in. Which is sad, cause that ugly car looks like it should be in the elderly edition of NASCAR for 70+ drivers. The 6 would have just had way too much style for NASCAR fans, and if they dropped a V8 into it, then mazda owners would cream themselves and demand a production version!

D to the B

Old 10-04-2005, 11:49 PM

a 6 with a v8 would be soo amazing.... wonder if that would ever happen for a special edition. if so, i would almost without a doubt buy one... if i had the money for it.

Old 10-05-2005, 01:10 AM

V8 in the 6. Ok now your making me drool! Yeah, Mazda should take the V-8 from the Mustang. Mazda supplies most of the engines for Fords compact cars! That is the least they could do. Of course I am dreaming. Has mazda ever built a V-8 engine? I really do believe that if Mazda really pushed the envelope in the speed of a car, it could quite frankly be the best car ever built. With Mazdas reputation as the best handling cars ever, if they dropped a V-8 or even a V-10, what a car it would be. Indeed!

Old 10-05-2005, 01:14 AM

Imagine for a moment. A Mazda 6 with a V-8. Perhaps turbocharged. Horsepower would problably be at least 500. How much fun would that car be? Ferrai's and Porshes dont handle as well as a mazda. So go Mazda. Build it, and they will come.

--having said that, I have first dibs! I will hurt you!
Joking!

Old 10-05-2005, 11:52 PM

I cant wait for that day to come!

Quick Reply: Mazda 6 in nascar?