Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

mazda 6 lighted door sills

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 11:26 PM
Default mazda 6 lighted door sills

anyone who got those lighted door sills know what their dimensions are? ty
im looking on getting one

Old 12-31-2005, 02:26 AM
Default RE: mazda 6 lighted door sills

I'm not sure what the dimensions are on these lighted door sills but they are flush with the sills that you are swapping out. The only thing you need to do is wire up these lighted door sills to a source of energy which won't be difficult to do. These door sills that you are intending on purchasing will not involve any modifications whatsoever. I know that these lighted door seals come with a rubber edge on the bottom as well as 3M tape (double side stick tape). They are also equipped with electronic transformers for easy installation to put into your vehicle. I am pretty sure you can find these for around $15 US plus S&H. I searched a little bit for you and was not able to find the dimensions that you asked for. Noone seems to provide that information since these new door sill fits flush with the pre-existing one.

Here's a picture of what i believe you are talking about (comes in blue or red i believe).

[IMG]local://upfiles/1541/0D0BB97881D544FC9707B02E1E542FB0.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-31-2005, 05:29 AM

I have those lighted door sills in my 05 Mazda6 actually. I installed them a few months ago and there are a few little quirks with them that those who buy them should be prepared for when buying/installing them.
1.The double-sided tape itself doesn't generally hold well enough to keep the sills all the way flush.
Had to use a different adhesive to solve that problem
2. Through trial and error ,myself and a friend found that they work better applied directly OVER the stock sills with little fitment as well as making a better adhesion surface too.

Just wanted to let people know ahead of time. However,they are well worth the extra work as they look awesome when they are lit up and I have got literally DOZENS of compliments on mine! Either way,Good Luck!
If anyone has any questions,drop me a line.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2640/7745D764ECF24294BCB59CDFFD9338CB.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-31-2005, 12:44 PM

A quick question, where did you happen to find those door sills, and does anyone know if they are available for the Mazda 3 as well, i would like to get some for my ride.

Old 01-02-2006, 06:41 AM

Do they make these with "Atenza" as the writing instead of "Mazda6" ?

Old 01-02-2006, 01:14 PM

As of this point, I am pretty sure the lighted door sills do not say "Atenza". I'm sure that is an idea that is floating around right now and may be put into production since Atenza is becoming a very popular showoff. I've looked around on the internet a good bit before I could safely say that I believe there is no Atenza lighted door sills. If I am wrong, let me know. I'm sure you could always get a custom job somewhere but that typically always involves excessive money.

Old 01-04-2006, 08:02 AM

ORIGINAL: the_gray_mazda6

As of this point, I am pretty sure the lighted door sills do not say "Atenza". I'm sure that is an idea that is floating around right now and may be put into production since Atenza is becoming a very popular showoff. I've looked around on the internet a good bit before I could safely say that I believe there is no Atenza lighted door sills. If I am wrong, let me know. I'm sure you could always get a custom job somewhere but that typically always involves excessive money.
I actually wouldn't even want lighted ones. I'd just want polished aluminum door sills that say Atenza. Thanks for the info though!

Old 01-04-2006, 03:23 PM

Does fitting those guards directly over the stock one's effect the closing of the door at all? I didn't think they were thin enough not to throw off the door jam. Let me know cause my Lapis blue 6 would look good with the blue one's. Also can anyone explain how they got to the electrical system without having wires goin all over or drillin a hole in something.

D to the B

Old 01-04-2006, 04:27 PM

The thing that I have been trying to do is get neon lights that matches the lights in my dash. Do they have the same color?

Where do you get it.

Old 01-05-2006, 01:38 AM

well I was just surfing the cardomain.com website and I came across door sills that did not have lighting at all. They are just chrome lettering and they look verrrry sharp. Sure lighted door sills are nice, but when you see these, you wouldnt be disappointed that they didn't light up.

I will even give you a link to look at this vehicle if you want to check it out.

2004 Mazda6 @ Car Domain

[IMG]local://upfiles/1541/A592D5C7389F493FA832EBA2F5148578.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1541/A0AB835DE2064082A9D0BA73E4B29B78.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: mazda 6 lighted door sills