Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Mazda 6 2013 - oil pressure low— oil pressure out of range

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2021, 01:35 PM
Default Mazda 6 2013 - oil pressure low— oil pressure out of range

Hey up people

so just bought a 2013 plate mazda 6

have had oil pressure low light

and oil pressure out of range

car been looked at by multiple mechanics (sounds beautiful drives beautiful mazda engineers saying sound brilliant )

The engine code lights all indicate to oil issue

been advised ti change oil pump and strainer and other stuff inc injectors and turbos big one being engine replacement or refurbished

I wna create this topic so i can explain what i did to fix issue (cheap as possible) and others to explain what they did

i will be updating everything i do as i go forward

currently - i have been changinh oil and taking long drives

carbon clean on engine

been advised DPF has been removed (will do dpf removal from ecu in next month)

next steps am looking to take is a manual clean of engine / oil pump and replace strainer which will by end of july 2021

if you ate having same issue please comment below so we can work thru this

if any one wna interact with me email me on zed.shah1@gmail.com.

p.s if any are having above issue please cut engine off and park up for minimum 30mins so engine does bit get destroyed!

Last edited by Zedskiii; 06-20-2021 at 01:38 PM.
Old 09-29-2021, 07:35 PM
Angry 2013 Mazda 6 2.2 Diesel SH Motor

Well our Mazda 6 is at the Mazda dealer with the same issue, coming up with low oil pressure check engine. I will put more information up tonight when i get home. Hope to hear from Mazda by tomorrow afternoon.Bought the car 22 April 2021, had 128,000kms on it and I do a lot of driving to work and is now up to 148,000kms.

Did an engine flush and oil change on Thursday 1/7/2021. Drove to Banyo from Coomera and back then headed south on the Saturday. Got to Tugan and low oil pressure warning came on.
Got towed to a service centre and it showed a code of P253F (Deteriorated oil or wrong oil type). Drove the car home and dropped the sump to check the oil pickup and it was all clean. No carbon deposits or carbonisation of the oil that I could see. Did an oil and filter change and went fine until 1/9/2021 when it said to check the system.
Did another oil change and went fine until Tuesday 28.9.2021 when it showed the same warning again. Scanned and it showed P06DE (Engine oil pressure control circuit stuck on). My wife went to drive a small distance and the low pressure warning came on. Changed the oil and filter (Mazda filter used) but warning keeps coming up, even when I clear it and sit stationary and rev to 2 or 3 thousand revs.
Didn't clear the code and had it towed to a Mazda dealer last night. When I spoke to Mazda this morning, the service person asked if there was any lights or messages last night and I said yes the low oil pressure warning message and the check engine light. I said I didn't clear it.
They said that there was no check engine light or warning when they drove it into the service area.
Hope to find out tomorrow what they have found.

Last edited by Miknrod; 09-30-2021 at 01:41 AM.
Old 10-05-2021, 02:55 AM

UPDATE:
Car is now as a technical case with Mazda as they say they found carbonisation in the oil. The car had the recall for the Intake shutter valve and a lot of other recalls but from what I have heard they are a band aid fix on this motor.

I am hoping to have some sort of news soon.

Old 10-11-2021, 02:09 AM

Mazda asked for total service history, then asked for photos of the injectors, brass washers, cam cover seal. They have now come back and said motor needs a rebuild which so far they are covering.

Sort of thinking it is like rebuilding a hand grenade and this issue will come back.

Anyone have experience with this?

Old 04-19-2023, 12:35 PM

Hi I'm having similar issues with my mazda, please could you read my post and advise?!