Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Looking for lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 04:03 PM
Default Looking for lights

So I just bought this 04 mazda 6i. Initially I did't want to do any mods because I have another vehicle that I am working on, but I have thought of a couple of minor things that I would like to change. First and foremost are the headlight and taillight housings. I have the chrome/clear headlight housing and I would like to change to a black one. The taillights are the stock red and would like to find something black to replace them as well. I've seen some new mazda's that have black housings, but I don't know where to look in terms of finding something aftermarket. Anybody have any suggestions.

Also, in the future I might be changing the tire/wheel setup. I have the stock 205/60 r16 and would like to upgrade to 18" rims in the future without changing the overall diameter of the tire. I've done some reading where some people have had fitment issues running an 18" wheel and others who haven't had any problems. Can it be done? Also, what size tire should I be looking at to keep the same tire height as my stock 205's?

Thanks for any help that can be provided.

Old 04-21-2006, 05:18 PM
Default RE: Looking for lights

I've got 225/45R18 on 18x8 RX8 wheels on my wife's Mazda6 wagon. I've never heard it rub and the overall tire size is fairly close to the stock size of the Mazda6. If it does rub, it's rubbing on friendly surfaces that haven't caused any problems as of yet...

There are a couple of tire size threads on here that have a tire size calculator linked to them....try typing in "tire size calculator" in the Search Engine