Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Just wanna say Hi to everyone

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 02:45 AM
Default Just wanna say Hi to everyone

Just wanna introduce my self to this forum. I recently sold my 2000 Audi S4 and picked up a 2006 Mazda 6 with sports package and bose and moonroof. I did pick up the 4 cylinder since it was an unbelievable deal. I'm into modifying my car lightly, nothing too major.

Couple things: The 160hp engine is pretty peppy on this car, but what can i do to get some more power. I was thinking maybe jsut a drop in K&N filter? Ive heard the engine oil gets dirtier faster with a K&N.

Also I will have an HID kit on there in no time, since my partner supplies them(Let me know if any of you are interested in full HID kits, I can do em cheap for you guys).

ALso the rims look decent to me. They are 17's but it seems the 6 is larger than an S4, and that too a dropped S4. Should I go with 18's or save my money?

Also, If i lower my car, would I need to buy sport shocks, or can i just buy some springs and lower the baby?

Please also let me know of mods that are fairly reasonably priced. Thanks

Old 05-24-2006, 02:50 AM
Default RE: Just wanna say Hi to everyone

Hello. Welcome aboard. To answer one of your questions. The K+N air filter has nothing to do with oil!

Old 05-24-2006, 02:52 AM

Are you sure? I've heard since more air goes in(with the K&N and the whole purpose of having a K&N) that the extra air that goes in is not as clean, hence the whole air intake process gets "dirtier" if you will. Does automotive oil have anything to do with the air that comes in through the vehicle?

Old 05-24-2006, 11:45 PM

I have never heard about the K&N having anything to do with the oil....but welcome aboard!

Old 05-25-2006, 05:15 PM

I was actually looking at HID kits and almost bought a set except there is no place to get them installed where I live and I have no clue how to do all that baking the headlight stuff. As far as rims, 18" would look good. However, there will still be a gap in the front wheel well if you do not drop it. Mazda Speed 6 Hatch springs should do the trick, or any other brand.

Old 05-26-2006, 01:45 AM

hey I did a group buy about 2 months ago on HIDS. I just put a set in my mazda 6. It looks phenomenal. I got the 5000k which makes the car look JUST like a mazda speed coming at you. I would have to post pics to show you how neat they look.

I am no genius in installing them, and it took me roughly an hour, mainly because its the first time i Opened the hood and I also neatly placed the ballasts so its running all good now.

drop me an email at rkorgavkar@aol.com if you are interseted in a set or how i did the install. Once again, it is def, i repeat DEF worth the time, it lights up the sky, and the kits I get are of great quailty.

Old 05-26-2006, 02:34 AM

all a air filter does is it filters the air so that debris doesnt fly into the Carburetor. hehe oil is not involved at all in a air filter!

Old 05-26-2006, 12:45 PM

ORIGINAL: 06BLACKSPORTS

hey I did a group buy about 2 months ago on HIDS. I just put a set in my mazda 6. It looks phenomenal. I got the 5000k which makes the car look JUST like a mazda speed coming at you. I would have to post pics to show you how neat they look.
i would be very interested in seeing a set of thoes HIDs. would you be able to post a few pictures? and how much did that run you?

Old 05-26-2006, 07:17 PM

I made a post regarding the sale of HIDs. Its also at a great price this week. Memorial day weekend, its the summer, blah blah, 210 shipped is giving them away IMO.

Old 05-26-2006, 10:06 PM

If you can get a picture during nighttime of inside the car for the visibility and also from outside the car looking at the headlights I may be interested. Now you noted there is a one year warranty, so where would we go to to get replacement parts?

Quick Reply: Just wanna say Hi to everyone