Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Just DIED!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 07:28 AM
Default Just DIED!

hey everyone,
last nite i drove my call over town-stopped here and there- then i stopped at the supermarket. when i got back into it it wudnt start. i mean it was DEAD! no turnover...not even a click. dash lights went all crazy alarm wudnt even arm. got jumped by a tow truck then drove around for 40 minutes. got home turned car off then tried to turn it back on: DEAD! its been rainin like crazy here in Southern Cal and earlier in the day i drove thru a huge *** puddle...could that have anything to do with it? if not, any insite as to what it could be??? thanks guys!

Old 01-21-2010, 07:44 AM

Battery.....plain & simple

Old 01-21-2010, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator

It could be a bad connection between the terminals and battery, or a bad ground too. But it does seem to be "available" power related my friend.
How old is you car/battery?
I have an '04 w/53k on the clock (yeah, I know. Don't say it. I don't drive all that much) and I just replaced my OE battery. She starts and runs much better now.

Old 01-21-2010, 04:10 PM

The stock Mazda battery in the 6 are notorious for taking a crap. Have a load test done on the battery to make sure.

-Sheldon.

Old 01-21-2010, 04:36 PM
Super Moderator

I absolutely HATE to admit this because of their shady business practices (as well as being in direct competition with them in my own business,) but Wal-Mart has some of the best auto batteries today and at very fair prices too.

Old 01-21-2010, 04:56 PM
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by virgin1

I absolutely HATE to admit this because of their shady business practices (as well as being in direct competition with them in my own business,) but Wal-Mart has some of the best auto batteries today and at very fair prices too.

UGH Wal-Mart! I'd rather pay the extra money then shop there!!!!!!!

Old 01-21-2010, 06:03 PM
Super Moderator

Generally speaking, Vince, so would I. But in this case it is hard to argue w/good price, good quality and good value. They have rated as "the best" in CU for the past MANY years (at least 4 that I know of.)
I'm ashamed to admit it (well, kind of) but I am running Wal-Marts best in my 3 now. $75.00 installed and out the door, which is a h*ll of a lot better than $160-$200 for an Optima, or even $95 for a Duralast which rates lower.

Old 01-22-2010, 07:21 AM

Optimas are garbage Rich. I would never use that piece of junk in any of my cars or recommend it to anyone.

Old 01-22-2010, 06:59 PM
Super Moderator

I don't have any personal experience with them, Sheldon, I just know that #1, they are expensive, #2 people seem to think they are the sh*t perhaps because they are perceived as looking cool (?), I don't know. And #3 they are EXPENSIVE!!!
Believe me, I wasn't trying to promote their use.

Old 01-25-2010, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by virgin1

I don't have any personal experience with them, Sheldon, I just know that #1, they are expensive, #2 people seem to think they are the sh*t perhaps because they are perceived as looking cool (?), I don't know. And #3 they are EXPENSIVE!!!
Believe me, I wasn't trying to promote their use.
Oh, I know you weren't. I have a redtop Duralast in the 6 from Autozone. It has been good to me so far.

Quick Reply: Just DIED!