Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Hood alignment problem on a 2016 Mazda 6 Sport

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2020, 09:22 PM
Default Hood alignment problem on a 2016 Mazda 6 Sport

I recently bought a 2016 Mazda 6. The car is in good condition except for a minor issue with the hood. The previous owner installed aftermarket fog lights because the wiring is still connected, just the light itself is missing. They did a very lazy job wiring it too. The wire is actually duct taped over the throttle body to the passenger side. From what it looks like, when they re-attached the front grille when they took the lights out, they did something wrong with the way they mounted it back on. The top part of the grille does not align with the hood and it looks like they tried to reattach it without a missing piece.

Apparently the previous owner struggled to reattach the grille and it looks like they used the wrong fasteners because they don't hold it down at all. The only thing holding the upper grille cover down right now is the two headlight screws. I took it to a mechanic and he thinks that a piece is missing that is suppose to hold the top part of the grille up.

None of the fasteners attach properly. Any ideas of what the problem could be or how to fix it? I've searched through dozens of YouTube videos on how to replace the grille trying to see what piece could be missing but most of the videos are on older Mazda 6's or don't show much of the top part of the grille to really tell.