Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Hey guys!... I have a few important questions about the Mazda 6

Old 07-23-2006, 03:38 AM
Default Hey guys!... I have a few important questions about the Mazda 6

I am new here and I just want to say... Whats going on ?

ok anyway back to topic, now I am going out and about trying to find this gorgeous looking car and when I saw one back in 2004 I was like... Wow. I got to get me one of those. Well I could never afford it at that time so I waiting and now I have 5Grand Cash and I am going around dealerships trying to find this car and a loan... So I just had a few qustions from my research...

Ok....

1.To my understanding on reviews. The one of the worst years is the 2003? How come?

2. What is the main Differences between Mazda6 s GT and Just Mazda 6 s? I looked up specs and they say same everything. Is there any body differences or more options in the GT? Cause I noticed the GT is harder to find.

3.What are some of the best prices you think I could get for at least an 04 Mazda S?

4.How moddable are these? And how are modding prices?

5.They seem to be getting great ratings where ever I go... Is there anything I should look for in the car while I shop for one? Any issues that plauge a model or year?

6.Are are parts prices overall? Are they close to Ford car parts pricing cause they own 33% of them?? Or more like a Mercedes like prices for parts?

7. I would like to get this one standard(Stick) but I heard in a few reviews that shifting feels rather harder at times? Is this true for all or most models?

8. And last question.....

One of my boys owns a 2004 Acura RSX Type-S and he says Mazda 6's are slow compared to his car...(I think he was referring to the i's) Anyway do you think with 220HP and a couple hundred more pounds is gonna put me that much behind him? O and I forgot, once he hits his Silly Vtec. he gets an addnatiol 400HP... lol... Well he thinks he gets an addtional 40HP to the wheels.... I mean I know he will most likely beat me in an it, Cause that thing is mad light. but I just want to know if I will lbe a challage in the Mazda6 at the track.

I know these are some what of a lot of questions but I just want to go make sure before I go throw 15 grand(I hope lower) at this car I hope I am making the right investment...

Well that is all I got for now... Thanks guys if you could help a dude out....

Old 07-23-2006, 11:05 AM
Default RE: Hey guys!... I have a few important questions about the Mazda 6

bump

Old 07-23-2006, 08:48 PM

Ok first welcome and second i see you bumped your own thread in a extremly short amount of time, im just saying give us a little more time to find and post here, and third:

1.Apparently there have been alot of problems with the first models and it called on a lemon law for various reasons

2.Mainly speed is the diff between them the GT tops out at a higher speed

3.Im gonna say for a new 04 6s should be around $16 thousand

4.Honestly not very moddable only cuz its very new so it gonna be some time before stuff like turbos and stuff like that to be available, the few parts that are out now are at a reasonable price but when something like a turbo comes out for it its gonna be extremely expensive

5.....unknown to me, wait for somebody else to find this thread or search around on the forum

6.OEM parts are really expensive from dealer, dont know what exactly what 6 shares with any Ford car

7.Unfortunatly its true but its not that bad, nothing a short shifter cant fix

8.Your buddy must be reffering to the i model, i think you will give a run for his money with the standard s model but spank him in the GT s model

Old 07-24-2006, 02:35 AM

The vehicle launched in 2003. The first year is usually the worst year for any car. It has nothing to do with any lemon law.

They all top out at 124 mph (trust me on this one, I've driven every configuration available.)

The V6 doesn't rev up all that quick, but it's decent. The RSX is a much lighter car. I think he'll take you.

parts aren't bad. The hard shifting was in the AT, there is a TSB for a reprogramming of the trans for the affected models.

If you want to spank your son HARD, get the Mazdaspeed6.

Personally I would get the i model with the 2.3L 4-cyl in a 5-speed stick, then throw a turbo on it. The handling is better in the I-4 cars due to better weight distribution. You'll end up with much better performance & mileage for probably around the same cost.

Old 07-24-2006, 08:17 AM

yea my bad, I thought it went to the 2nd page already, and than I found out it did not...

Old 07-24-2006, 08:19 AM

BTW, Boy over here meets friend or buddy. haha, He is the same age as me, So it would be tough for him to be my son... J/k...

Old 07-24-2006, 08:19 AM

I can't afford a speed6... So I will have to get something under 15k.

Old 07-24-2006, 02:14 PM

Get the 4-cyl and add a turbo later once you can afford to. Plenty of those in the 12-15K range

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/search...lor=&x=140&y=2

Old 07-24-2006, 03:27 PM

Naw, Thanks, but I don't want an I.

Old 07-24-2006, 04:12 PM

ORIGINAL: A.Tech

BTW, Boy over here meets friend or buddy. haha, He is the same age as me, So it would be tough for him to be my son... J/k...
Where is "over here"?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hey guys!... I have a few important questions about the Mazda 6