Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Hey guys help me!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 02:10 AM
Default Hey guys help me!!!

Hey, I just registered for this site so I'm totally an newbie. I sorta have a problem, well it's more of a concern about my mazda 6. I have a 04 Mazda 6 (3.0 liter) (bought it late 04) and here's the thing. Whenver I drive it and get out of the car, I smell sulfur. Everytime! Sometimes, you can even smell it inside the car through the little air vents ( the places a/c comes out of). So, I was just wonderinf if nething like this has happened to ne of you with '04 3.0 liter engines. Help me out here guys! thanx

Old 04-26-2005, 08:37 AM
Default RE: Hey guys help me!!!

sounds like a problem with the catalytic converter, I'd have the dealership check it out

Old 04-26-2005, 08:38 PM

Ok, so you think it's the catalytic converter that's causing the problem right? But has this happened to ne body else out there? I'm just so lost on what I should do. And here's another thing, I told this to the dealer a while back and the only thing they said was go drive on the freeway at really high speeds. I was like, Ok but it hasn't made ne difference at all.

Old 04-28-2005, 02:50 PM

i just know that a sulfur smell is often indicitive of a catalytic converter problem. You could also try changing the in-cabin air filter

Old 04-28-2005, 04:57 PM

THIS IS NOT UN-COMMON

MOST OF THE SULFER YOU SMELL"INSIDE " THE VEHICLE IS USSUALLY FROM OTHER CARS

TRY A DIFFRENT GASS STATION- THIS SMELL IS NORMAL IF YOU ARE USING WINTER GAS FORMULA'S

TRY A DIFFRENT GAS STATION!

LET ME KNOW IF THIS HELPS!

Old 04-28-2005, 08:19 PM

I've seen many complaints of sulpher smell on another Mazda forum- and some complained enough to the dealer to have the cat converter replaced, which cured the problem. Mazda is aware of this issue; if your's is really bad you should continue to work with your service manager to get it cured.

Old 04-30-2005, 03:40 AM

hey thanks guys for your info and advice. yeah i talked to my dealer a couple of months ago and they said to drive at high speeds and get better gas (used to get like cotco gas. lol) which i have been ever since. And that basically didn't help out with the smell (although i know it's a whole lot better on ur car in general) at all so. yeah my next appointment is probably going to be in the next few weeks so when i actually go there, i'm gonna complain and complain until they actually resolve this problem. lol

Old 05-02-2005, 10:58 AM

let us know how it goes

Old 05-13-2005, 08:13 PM

Smells like 'rotten eggs'?. Is the Catalystic Converter, it's doing his Job. The dealer told me that he can't do anything about it. A possible solution is to change the brand of the fuel you are using, not the octane, it will be better soon.

Old 05-14-2005, 02:36 AM

Well, i haven't gone to the dealer yet since mine only has about 4600 something miles so not quite enough for the 5000 check up thing. But, i'm sure i'll be going there in the next month or so, and when that time comes i'm totally gonna make the dealer do something about this. i'm totally fed up w/ the smell. I already use a really good brand for gas, it's hella expensive but i buy it neway. except it's not doing ne good interms of the smell. ugh. but thanks guys for ur advice and stuff.

Quick Reply: Hey guys help me!!!