Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Help! Wanna get this used 06, is it worth the money?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 01:55 PM
Default Help! Wanna get this used 06, is it worth the money?

Hi everyone, i am new to this forum, need help from u guys.
I have been looking for a used car recently, since i am a college student, used car is the only choice. now i m looking at a used 2006 Mazda 6.I like Mazda 6 bcuz its not as dull as Camry or Accord.
ok, the car is a 2006 Mazda MAZDA6 4dr Sedan S Automatic V6 with around 72000 miles( I know the mileage is a bit high) selling at around $8600, just checked the AUTOCHECK, 3 owners,seems like not involve in any major accidents.

so here are some question:
Is this car worth the money?
How is Mazda 6's resale value?
Is it normal for a 3-year-car has that high mileage( avg. 24000 miles per year)
Is Mazda 6 reliable, do I need to tune up at around 70000 miles?
What is the MPG for a V6 based on u guys experience?
BTW, does dark cherry look good on a Mazda 6? lol
Guys, plz help me out, any suggestions are welcome, thank you!

Old 10-02-2009, 02:47 PM

My wife's 2004 has 94,000 miles on it and has been a great car. I've replaced the spark plugs and a couple ignition COP's. Not surprising with the mileage, typical of any manufacturer.

V6 mileage is around 22mpg. I drive my car 25,000+/year. It's not that unusual.

Old 10-02-2009, 03:57 PM

For the price i believe that's a steal. However, depending on what you want it for i.e. (daily commuting, track racing, looking good) you should look at the recent smog checks, and also check the exterior of the car for minor bumps and scratches. But if all goes well, then you should consider buying it.

Old 10-02-2009, 04:55 PM

Shoot, I have an 05 V6 & I'm currently at 110k trouble free miles.

-Sheldon.

Old 10-02-2009, 05:29 PM

A little high on the mileage for 3 yrs. old, but price is very good. Three owners in three years also makes one wonder a bit. Look it over very carefully and remember, you don't want anything with a salvage title. If it all checks OK and you feel pretty comfortable then it's likely as good as any other used vehicle. The Mazda6 is a good vehicle and gives the driver a more sporting driving experiece than the competitors you mentioned.

Old 10-02-2009, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator

Personally, I would be looking at a 2.3L car w/manual trans, but that's just me.
Black cherry mica looks great on these cars, and as long as you are not in a very HOT climate (like Texas, for example) you should be fine.
As a rule I am not that crazy about the V6... again, could just be me. I have been driving 4-cyl cars exclusively for about ~30yrs now, so I may be biased.
I might inquire about being the 4th owner of a 3-4 yr old car though. THAT would worry me more than any other personal feelings about its amenities.
Be sure to get or ask for a CarFax report.

Old 10-02-2009, 10:01 PM

I've got an 05 with 72k on the clock that gets autocrossed regularly, and have had no major problems. The only problems I have had have been directly linked to the racing and would not have occurred without the stress my hobby puts on the car.

Old 10-03-2009, 01:49 AM

hey guys, thx for the help. I just read the autocheck again (i know its not 100% reliable). It shows that its a "Fleet, rental and/or lease" car. so i think its a company owned car?and it was registered few times which all show that its a rental or part of a rental fleet. Maybe this will explain why it has 3 owners, but what I am worrying about is they drove the car like crazy without any routine maintainace

Old 10-03-2009, 09:34 AM

I'd personally pass on it if it was previously a rental.

Old 10-14-2009, 02:36 AM
k

I current drive 06 mazda6s. It is a very good car but mpg is not so good. 6 airbags, ABS, EBD and Traction Control are all standard on v6. That is why I like v6 than 4 cy.

I replaced battery and some warranty repair done and to be done. Sports Tires on this car seems like very expensive compare to 4 cy. Ask your mechanic to look your car before buying.
Good luck.

Last edited by k; 10-14-2009 at 02:41 AM.

Quick Reply: Help! Wanna get this used 06, is it worth the money?