Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

help

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 08:33 PM
Default help

my mazda6 has developed a bad idle. i replaced the plugs and wires because they really needed it, cleaned the maf sensor, and made sure all connections were tight on the intake and other vac lines, and ran the scanner on it.

it pulled the idle too lean at idle bank 1 code. from what i've read its either the purge solenoid valve (what ive found online) but according to the service bulletin inside or scanner its saying that there's a pvc hose underneath the intake. it says to remove the intake to replace this and below that it says you can also remove the starter and loosen up the intake bolts. i found a hose right behind the starter so i fired up the car and sprayed a hint of starting fluid up there and you could automatically hear the difference, not to mention you can hear a suction noise, so its gotta be it im almost certain.

now is this hose anything special that i have to get or is it something i can find around our shop? i don't want to tear into it and find out its going to be a special order and the cars down for 2-3 days. thinking it can be done in an evening?

Old 02-22-2009, 09:19 PM

If it is anything like the Ford it is a molded hose that is special to the car. You could call an Auto parts store or the Local Mazda Stealership and find out.

Old 02-22-2009, 09:25 PM

ok, so do you know anything about replacing it?? like is it a b**** to do?

is there anything else that could possibly be making my car idle funny??

Old 02-22-2009, 09:28 PM

Since you have Basically proved it is something in that region by the Ether test I would think that is it.
As for changing it I have never worked on a 6, I know on my buddies 4.2 in his F150 it was a bitch since we did not remove anything.

Old 02-22-2009, 09:32 PM

do you think i should get a new intake manifold gasket before attempting the hose because my car has so many miles on it?

do you know where i could get a service manual for it?
like.. possibly a link or something?

Old 02-22-2009, 09:37 PM

I would since you need to remove it.

Old 02-22-2009, 09:42 PM

ok, so do you know where i could get a manual for it?

Old 02-22-2009, 10:49 PM

You don't have to remove the intake. Remove the starter and you can reach the top end of the hose to pull it off.

Old 02-23-2009, 08:56 AM

alright. thanks hixx!