Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Good discount places to buy parts for a Mazda?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2020, 01:56 PM
Default Good discount places to buy parts for a Mazda?

We bought a 2010 Mazda 6i, 2.5L/Auto with 112k miles yesterday for my 18yo son as his first car. Car shows a fairly consistent history of oil changes and service reported on the Carfax and I am the fourth owner. This is my first Mazda, but it seems way less complicated than my BMW's I have been maintaining for the last 20 years... Brought it home and put it up on the quickjacks to do a better inspection than I could at the used car lot. That's when I found both inner CV boots are split (outers look fine). So I am looking for good websites that may specialize in discount OE quality Mazda parts... (Like FCPEuro.com, Autohausaz.com, and EEuroparts,com do for BMW.) I got it for a good price so not THAT upset about having to replace these...

Already went into Rockauto last night and ordered new trans filter and gasket, Gates serpentine belt, idler and tensioner pulleys, NGK iridium plugs, air filter, cabin filter, PCV valve, valve cover gasket, and a Chiltons manual. Also stopped at O'reily Auto and got a gallon of Maxlife ATF, a gallon of Prestone yellow for a coolant flush, quart of DOT3 high temp synthetic brake fluid (was showing 1-2% moisture on my tester) and a taller Bosch oil filter...

Brakes/rotors look fine and everything seems to work as it should. The only oddity I noted was when we were driving around an empty parking lot with steering at full lock and accelerating in a circle (tires squealing), the front inner dome light was blinking on/off. Don't know if it was me pressing against the door, the body twisting causing the door closed sensors to disconnect or something else. (I had just washed the motor with foamy engine bright and hosed it off so the under hood electrics may have been a little wet).

It seems these have a timing chain and I am not sure if these require adjustment/replacement (how often?) or if I should also be looking at doing the water pump, thermostat, etc as part of a cooling system overhaul when I change the serpentine belt/pulleys? Got the valve cover gasket as that is a major leak point on many BMW's after 100k mi, but not sure about Mazda 2.5L? (Was under $15 anyway.)

Future will be CV/half shafts, shocks/struts and possibly lower control arms and other bits of suspension that wear out... (Probably do this all together so I just need to get one alignment done...) My goal is to have a very reliable car for him to drive for the next 4-6 years for college. Any other areas I should be considering for maintenance?

Thanks,

Luky

Old 07-02-2020, 12:55 PM

For "dress-up" parts both interior and exterior try Ali Express. Their parts are much better quality and far greater in number than Amazon. Delivery is a bit slower, coming from China, but they eventually get here in good shape. I got gas filled hood struts for my 2019 CX 5 GT Reserve turbo to replace the low rent prop rod. Looks and works perfectly - for $36. WITH shipping!

Old 07-07-2020, 11:16 PM

Still looking for discount Mazda part sources for replacement parts... Not really interested in cosmetic parts.

I found REALMazdaParts.com which seems to be slightly discounted dealer parts with "fair" shipping costs. I did like how they show views from the parts fiche and give the OEM PN's which made it easy to comparison shop using google shopping.