Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Electric mirrors don't work- please help

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 07:49 AM
Default Electric mirrors don't work- please help

Hi,

Car is 2008 Mazda 6

I have a fault in Electric mirrors- the don't work at all.

I have checked the fuses and they are all ok.
Does any one have any idea what can be wrong, or know this issue?

i think to check the switch on drivers door, but never heard of it being faulty. I recently bought the car, so don't have any knowledge how it stopped working.

So before i start disassembling the door and checking the switch i thought i would ask the gurus here.

Thx in advance.

Old 10-12-2012, 09:00 AM

If both have stopped and your fuses are all ok then it does sound like the switch has died, the switch in my 3 is starting to die on me as well, I have to press the direction I want harder or multiple times to get the mirrors to move.

Old 10-13-2012, 04:55 AM
Super Moderator

Its a known fault for the switch to fail, if you put pressure on the L/R switch with 1 finger while pressing the direction switch & it works then you can by just the cover plate for the switch from your mazda dealer, its cheaper than buying a entire switch.

I've replaced heaps of them under warranty. A bit fiddly to strip the whole switch down just to replace 1 part of it.

Old 10-15-2012, 04:48 AM

Thx for help everyone, it turned out that "L-R" switch is faulty and it needs to be pressed and hold when adjusting mirrors

i will disassemble it and see if i can fix the problem (might just clean it or something) if does not help will replace the plate

thank you

Last edited by 6EVIL9; 10-15-2012 at 04:53 AM.
Old 10-20-2013, 02:15 AM

Hi I Have this same problem and rather than bust anything am looking for advice as to how to remove the switch. Gen 2 2008 Mazda 6

Old 10-20-2013, 04:46 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Macca57
Hi I Have this same problem and rather than bust anything am looking for advice as to how to remove the switch. Gen 2 2008 Mazda 6

Hey Macca57, nice to see another Kiwi. ( I'm ex Auckland)

You need to remove the whole interior door trim. 1 screw behind the door handle & 1 screw inside the grand handle/arm rest.

From memory once you have the trim off there is 3 or 4 screws holding the switch into the door trim. ( its not easy ) Then you can dismantle the switch assembly. You can buy just the top panel of the switch rather than a whole new switch assembly. Just pay attention when dismantling the panel and you will need to swap over small parts into the new top panel from the old panel top.

Old 09-08-2014, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by grim_reaper
Hey Macca57, nice to see another Kiwi. ( I'm ex Auckland)

You need to remove the whole interior door trim. 1 screw behind the door handle & 1 screw inside the grand handle/arm rest.
Another Kiwi (let's just say north of the Bombay hills). Must be something in the water here with Mazda mirrors, but has anyone had to replace the mirrors switch in a 2007 + Mazda 2/Demio? Is it more or less the same as for a 6? It's the only thing that has gone wrong on the car to date (a 2007 DE model - brilliant).

Old 09-09-2014, 03:24 AM
Super Moderator

Same problem, different car, similar fix.

Old 09-16-2014, 06:39 PM

Thanks, that's good to know. Will dig in there and report results.

Old 02-12-2021, 08:05 PM

Hi everyone,

I have a 2008 Mazda 6 and I have had issues with the electric mirrors just now, door switches intermittently not working (so cannot lock car and door light comes on when driving) as well as the rear boot open button not working.

I removed the rear boot button and soaked/cleaned it with Isopropanol which have also worked on my electric mirror switches by spraying some into the switch:

https://www.jaycar.com.au/isopropyl-...-300g/p/NA1067

For the door switches I have tried spraying Inox right up into the switch catch area which made a big improvement although I still get the occasional issue.

https://www.repco.com.au/en/oils-flu...300/p/A7405375

The above has saved time and money not having to buy and replace switches and dismantle doors which I prefer not to do on a 13 year old car.

Hope that helps.

Quick Reply: Electric mirrors don't work- please help