Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

CPE Intake on the way!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 04:21 AM
Default CPE Intake on the way!

That's right, I ordered myself a Christmas present. I've got the CPE Xcel CAI on the way for my SPEED 6! I was going to go with the MazdaSPEED, but nobody I know has experience with it, and they don't offer a dyno chart to "back up their claims." Well, they don't even have claims. Plus the SPEED one will take over 2 weeks for me to order. Hopefully this will get here sooner, but we'll see. Anyone on here have the CPE CAI on their SPEED 6? I haven't been this excited since I was a school girl.... Oh wait... I'm not a girl.... Oh well, you know what I mean!

Old 12-29-2006, 04:09 PM
Default RE: CPE Intake on the way!

It's here! It's here! My CPE intake has arrived, and the fit and finish looks pretty good on it. I'll be installing it on my next day off, probably in the middle of next week. I'll take plenty of pics and make a thorough install write up, though the instructions with it are pretty good. I'll also take video/sound of before and after.

Old 01-04-2007, 05:55 AM

Got the CPE intake installed!!!!!!! Man does it sound GREAT. You can really hear that turbo spooling and sucking the air in, as well as the wastegate. Install took about 2-2 1/2 hours because, unfortunately, there are a couple things they forgot to mention in the install guide. If you guys would like I can post an install with pics, otherwise I'll post videos of before and after so you can hear the difference. I can't get them up yet cuz my comp and camera don't feel like interfacing right now, so when they're on better terms I'll get those vids up.

Old 01-08-2007, 09:35 PM

I installed the same intake a couple of weeks ago. I love it too! Man I dont even listen to the radio now, just the turbo spooling up. Are you planning on buying the blow off valve from CPE? I am planning on it just a few months.

Old 01-09-2007, 03:54 AM

Yeah, I'll prolly get the bov, the Front-mount intercooler when they finally come out with it, and the magnaflow cat back with cpe downpipe. Then I'm prolly done.