Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

CardinaleWay Mazda in Mesa, Arizona

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 01:45 AM
Default CardinaleWay Mazda in Mesa, Arizona

Below is a description of my recent new Mazda purchase experience at CardinaleWay Mazda, a relatively new dealership located in Mesa, Arizona:

1) CardinaleWay is the only Mazda dealership in the Phoenix area that installs front license plate brackets on their cars (a front license plate is not required in Arizona, however). On my Mazda3, this required drilling two holes in an otherwise pristine factory-fresh bumper. I had told my salesperson I didn't want the bracket but it was installed anyway. When I protested, the bracket was removed, and the holes were filled and painted at no charge to me.

2) I was required to sign an agreement waiving my rights to a jury or court trial if I have an unresolved dispute or claim with the dealership. The agreement stipulates that all disputes or claims will be handled by a third-party arbitrator. Of the six Mazda dealerships in the Phoenix area, only CardinaleWay and one other dealership require such an agreement.

3) My transactions with the finance staff were videotaped and recorded.

4) I was overcharged for my vehicle's title and license fees. When I protested, the amount was refunded.

5) I canceled a pre-paid accessory installation before taking delivery of the car. The correct amount of money was not refunded, however. When I protested, an additional amount was refunded.

6) My car was not clean nor properly prepped at the time of delivery. Among other issues, I found water spots etched into the roof paint and rear window. Because I didn't trust the dealership to do a satisfactory job of removing the stains, I did it myself, spending a couple hours in my driveway carefully rubbing out the spots with a special cleaner.

7) FREE OIL CHANGES FOR LIFE: This is CardinaleWay's signature service. I was told by my salesperson that I would be able to have 20 free oil changes for as long as I own my car, and that the 20 oil changes could be done at any time. I asked if I could get a free oil change every 3,000 miles and he answered yes. Apparently my salesperson had briefly stepped out of the dealership’s self-proclaimed “No Lie Zone.” In fact, I signed a form at the time of delivery that limits my free oil changes to Mazda’s maintenance schedule, or every 7,500 miles or six months. I later asked the "Certified Mazda Master Mechanic" service advisor what brand of oil they use. He said he didn't know.

8) Soon after the time of delivery I had to have two items on the car fixed under warranty at this dealership. Both items were supposedly repaired but each item had to be repaired again (this time, at another dealership) because of either faulty workmanship or the wrong part had been replaced.

9) I wrote a letter to the general manager of the dealership, the corporate owners in California and Mazda's corporate office stating the problems with my experience. I received no replies.

Old 02-18-2006, 11:13 PM
Default RE: CardinaleWay Mazda in Mesa, Arizona

Wow!

Old 02-23-2006, 12:37 AM

Man...I'll never shop there. I got my Mazda in Phoenix at Showcase and had a great experience. I dealt with the fleet manager (Vicki Boldrini, don't know if she's still there, this was back in '03). They didn't have one in the color I wanted (silver) and they looked through their upcoming shipments to see if there was anything I liked. They had a metallic redfire coming in. I'd seen a 6i (mine's a 6s) in that color, I really liked it (kind of a Florida State garnet color - that's my alma mater) and we got to a price I liked and when it arrived I took delivery of it with 3 miles on it.

I'd asked that they not put the dealer badging on it and when I picked it up they had, but Vicki made sure that it was removed, leaving no trace. Their service has been really good for the few recall issues I've had. Lately I've been going to Bell Rd. Mazda b/c it's much closer to where I live and the jury is still out on their service. Fortunately, a friend has a friend who owns an auto shop called Mazvo that specializes in Mazdas and Volvos, so once the warranty is up, they'll be getting my business.

6Guy

Old 02-23-2006, 01:24 AM

i went to bell road Mazda before i got mine at Earnhardt in chandler. Bell road had an '04 listed in the paper for about $8k (with special dealer financing blah blah) but for me the price would have been the invoice of $15k. come to find out the car had no a/c, it was sent to them by mistake or something, then they tried to sell me and '06 for the same $15k. I said no way, cause they were trying to hawk the '04 w/no air for the same price. i wentto earnhardt, dealt w/my cousin(the fleet manager) and got the car at dealer cost out the door.