Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Brake Light Modification (all 4 lights)...

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 10:53 PM
Default RE: Brake Light Modification (all 4 lights)...

There is a big step by step post over at mazda6club about modding your brake lights.

Old 05-06-2006, 11:10 AM

yeah, that's how i found out about this modification... i'm still waiting for time to get this setup done. kind of been tired (working 16 days straight and every other shift is 11 hours long... but the paycheck will pay off for this butt-kickin).

Old 05-06-2006, 10:25 PM

Yeah I am kind of disappointed I could have gotten a deal on a pair of raptor eyes but I can't install them and there's no place around where I live to get them installed.. but let me know how the brake light mod goes, that is one thing I am willing to attempt myself.

Old 05-06-2006, 11:02 PM

will do... prob. tomorrow morning

Old 05-07-2006, 03:12 AM

Well I don't want to make a new topic but I do want to let you all know that state troopers can kiss my ***. Who dares giving my a ticket for my window tint. [:'(] Damnit im so pissed like 11:50 pm and i decide i want a hot chocolate from tim hortons ( dont know if they were even open)..and tim hortons has to be on the road that all the state troopers hang out at. So im stuck at a light, switch to trip tonic, gun it, see the cop at a home depot parking lot so i slow down to about 3 miles over speed limit..then the cracker comes next to me shines two spotlights on me and pulles me over and the whole time he had his spotlights on me blinding me..ergh...im gonna try to get out of it somehow and I have to make sure my parents dont find out since they think my tint is legal Any suggestions on what to do, never gotten a ticket before [8D]

Old 05-07-2006, 10:37 AM

as for the tinting situation with the ticket... did you get a fine and a fix-it ticket (requires you to take off your illegal tint within a certain period of time)? you really cannot fight that and chances are that your parents won't find out unless a nice letter comes in the mail and you don't get it before they do! if they ask why you took your tint off or got a lighter tint percentage, just tell them you wanted change haha!

as of this morning, i have officially finished the brake light mod but i will wait to take some more pictures at night to show how this modification looks and explain how i went about doing so to make it that way! until that time... tah tah!

Old 05-07-2006, 02:21 PM

yes, when it comes to tint it is a lot harder to fight. There is no here say type of stuff...

Old 05-07-2006, 03:22 PM

ORIGINAL: RJB_M6

Well I don't want to make a new topic but I do want to let you all know that state troopers can kiss my ***. Who dares giving my a ticket for my window tint. [:'(] Damnit im so pissed like 11:50 pm and i decide i want a hot chocolate from tim hortons ( dont know if they were even open)..and tim hortons has to be on the road that all the state troopers hang out at. So im stuck at a light, switch to trip tonic, gun it, see the cop at a home depot parking lot so i slow down to about 3 miles over speed limit..then the cracker comes next to me shines two spotlights on me and pulles me over and the whole time he had his spotlights on me blinding me..ergh...im gonna try to get out of it somehow and I have to make sure my parents dont find out since they think my tint is legal Any suggestions on what to do, never gotten a ticket before [8D]
Getting a repair order is very bad if you told your parents that the tint is legal (depending on how much you lied to them) unless you have a job or convince your parents, because when you get a repair order, you have to go wherever to get it taken off, and that costs money, then you have to go to the MVA to get the record cleared and you might need info that your parents only have or you get your licence suspended, but i have a few suggestion on what to tell your parents, your gonna have to tell them eventually, the longer you wait the worse it gets *ahem*

1) Tell them ASAP and say that you was told by alot of people that the tint you have was legal, and also say that you was also told by a cop that your tint was legal, but in saying that also tell them you forgot when and where you was told by the cop, cuz they will ask, and also dont even fake a cop name just say you forgot that also.

2)Say that your really sorry and really thought that your tint was legal, and tell them that if they help you out with the ticket/repair order that will do your best to pay them back (which you most likely wont).

Thats all i got for now hope this helps.

Old 05-07-2006, 09:55 PM

I can't wait to see the brake light mod...it's gonna look sweet at night. I cam across a 6 in my area last week with new parkig lights or w.e, so it looked like he had 4 head lights it was awesome. PICS PICS PICS

As for my situation, I tried telling my dad and he was laid back but my mom barged in wondering what was going on. I got yelled at for a good 10 minutes. But it's all good I hope i took my printed sheet thing (i need not get a fix it since tints are not fixable, well some cops give em out but this trooper didnt) to my uncle whos a lawyer where I have to go to court. He is gonna get it all cleared for me and he said he would screw with the cops some since he no longer likes troopers

Old 05-08-2006, 10:12 AM

So which excuse did you use of mine or did you make up something on the fly.

Quick Reply: Brake Light Modification (all 4 lights)...