Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Aux input?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 06:22 PM
Default Aux input?

Hello everyone, I am new to the forums.

I am wondering, does the 2007 Mazda6 i sport VE include an aux in input? I really want to be able to listen to my ipod audio in the car.

Old 10-12-2007, 07:39 AM
Default Nope.

But the dealer can install one for $400 (or something like that - quoted to me by the dealer I bought mine from). I decided not to have it installed. Time to check out those FM transmitters.

Old 10-12-2007, 06:43 PM
Default RE: Aux input?

I had the dealer install the ipod integration model.It's pricey and it does not allow programming form the ipod direclty. You have to use the factory dashboardunit--- to play random, next etc as if cd's were in--meaning you have no idea what song will play next. I still can't figure out if random is by artist or by genre. It literally keeps you guessing what it will play. I have not tried setting a playlist and then docking in into the module. I suppose it would play the list. If it was not for my kids, I would not have paid for it. But the sound is fine and it is under the warranty.

Old 10-12-2007, 08:56 PM
Default I guess I'll wait to see.............

I guess I'll wait to see how the Neo works with the Mazda.

Old 10-14-2007, 04:02 PM
Default RE: I guess I'll wait to see.............

That's rather disappointing. O well. I guess I'll go with the cheap ipod FM transmitter solution.

Old 10-14-2007, 07:31 PM

The ipod transmitters dont work that well, especially because the antenna is on the back roof of the car...I had one and it barely worked, all staticy and such...

Old 10-15-2007, 08:50 AM

I have the mazda OEM iPod adaptor and I have to agree with twigfarm...worst money I have ever spent. Not only does it not work in a user friendly manner, but it has actually interfered with the oporation of my cd player. If the iPod is not plugged in the CD player will cut out and not resume sound untill I turn it off and then back on...major pain in the ***. Just a word of warning to anyone thinking of getting this part.

-Cameron Keffer

Old 10-15-2007, 10:15 AM

Really? That's unfortunate as well. What do you guys suggest is the best solution to this that will cost me less than $80 USD? I just want a simple line in input that just passes audio. I don't want a smart connection to the audio system. Just to be able to control the audio using the ipod controls using the car's speakers.

Old 10-16-2007, 09:36 PM

Interestingly enough, there is at least one other thread in this forum (probably more) that has this exact same title.

Basically, there's something that lets you install an 1/8 inch jack. Supposedly $60. I haven't bought it yet cause I'm in a bit of a financial bind, but I'm probably going to get it in a few months.

Doesn't let you control the iPod through the dashboard, but, on the flip side, it will work with anything that has an audio jack, such as a computer, friends iPod, or even a walkman (don't know why you'd use that). The only problem that I know of is that you can't have a tape player in the dash, but who uses that anyway?

Old 10-27-2007, 10:09 PM

ORIGINAL: thedfo

Interestingly enough, there is at least one other thread in this forum (probably more) that has this exact same title.

Basically, there's something that lets you install an 1/8 inch jack. Supposedly $60. I haven't bought it yet cause I'm in a bit of a financial bind, but I'm probably going to get it in a few months.

Doesn't let you control the iPod through the dashboard, but, on the flip side, it will work with anything that has an audio jack, such as a computer, friends iPod, or even a walkman (don't know why you'd use that). The only problem that I know of is that you can't have a tape player in the dash, but who uses that anyway?
this is what he is talking about http://www.sylfex.com/products/AuxMod/

Quick Reply: Aux input?