Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

6 issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 01:02 PM
Default 6 issues

Hi All this my first post here and this is our first Mazda as well.

We just recently bought a 2005 6 sport wagon (2 weeks ago) with the 6 speed. Over all we are happy with the car. It is the wifes car so I do not get a lot seat time in it lol.

But there are a couple issues.

One is the the rear hatch is leaking. After taking the car to the dealership it was found that the rear spoiler is leaking. Aparently it was never sealed properly were the holes were drilled in the hatch to either bolt or locate it, the dealer did not know if some grommets were missing or what the deal was and was going to contact mazda Canada .

Has any one else come across this problem or is there a TSB on this isssue?
The Mazda Dealer here is a rather small dealer and does not really seem in the loop.

The second is the tranny seems to have excessive kick down time when it is punched. I more or less got the ( "that is normal" ) line. Some how I find that hard to belive. The lag is so bad you would think you are waiting for a turbo to spool up.

Compared to other electronic autos this one is down right slow to kick down and is like I would have expected 15 years ago when elec autos were new.

Again just wondering if this is normal or if there is a TSB on this as well

Matthew

Old 05-11-2005, 04:17 PM
Default RE: 6 issues

I love the 6spd in my sports sedan, but it does over kickdown if poked.. it is still quicker to find a gear compared to a lot of cars I have driven, be thankful you dont get smart roadsters here

Old 05-12-2005, 12:40 AM

Interesting- I heard the 6-speed was supposed to be much improved over the '04 5 spd, which I have. Biggest problem is the 1-2 upshift when pushed; waaaay to much lag. Kickdown seems ok on the 5-speed. I sometimes shift mine manually when I want to be agressive as I can do a much better job picking shift points. I'm wondering if there will be any aftermarket shift re-programmers coming down the pike- I'm not into mods but that is one I would probably spring for.

Old 05-12-2005, 09:50 AM

I've got a manual tranny, but i have sure heard the complaints

Old 05-14-2005, 02:54 AM

I actually have an '04 6-s automatic and yeah my car also doesn't go smoothly on the 1-2 upshift. (so, when tryin to race the car next to you, not really a good thing. lol) I'm pretty used to it now but it would be great if this could be resolved. I also noticed that the downshifts are pretty hard and not smooth, not saying a particular shift but downshifting from 5 to 1 overall is kinda hard. Does nebody know if there's ne thing the dealer could do about this? I hope it's not going to affect the car in the long run.....ne body know?

Old 05-14-2005, 03:52 PM

Well there seems to be some reprogramming needed done to these units. The Throttle as well seems disconnected at times. I know it is a by wire throttle. But there seems to be lag from the time you hit the go pedal till the throttle plate starts to move.

The whole set up needs some fine tunning.

The company 2001 Lincoln LS I had a few years back was much better in the programming. The tranny kicked down no hesitiation or tryign to decide what gear it wanted when the go pedal was hit.

Hopefully Mazda will have some new shift-throttle parmeters to reprogram into the car in the near future

And now just last night I noticed a rattle in the passenger side of the wagon cargo area.
I am quickly becomming not too impressed. For all the hype the dealer gave the supposed Japannese engineering he would have been better off no saying any thing lol.
Considering the car only has 1300km on it (806 miles) we should not be experiancing rattles.

So now we have a leaking hatch and rattles in car with less than a 1000 miles on it. Not a good start lol.

It would not be a big deal except for the fact that our 92 Grand Marquis with near a Million KM on it still has no squeeks or rattles in it or leaks. The only time you get any is if you pound over really rough road and even then they are just structural groans from chassis-body flexing and that is to be expected in a 13 year old car with almost a million KM that has had the bag drove off it.

Hopefully these issues are one offs and when fixed there will be no other problems.

Matthew

Old 07-07-2005, 09:43 PM

I have a 2005 6s auto sedan. I am having issues to with the tranny. I have 1600 miles on it and it is very hard off the line. It has been babied since the day I got it but it seems as if the car stutters off of the line, especially if the A/C is on. It is even worse when I have it in 'M' mode. When I accelerate the rpm's will get to about 1500 and then it seems as it sticks then next thing I know the rpm gauge takes off like a rocket up to around 4000. I have also noticed that when I am braking the car shifts hard from 5th to 4th and 4th to 3rd. I know that cars run harder when the air is on but this is a joke. Not really sure whats going on. Has anyone else figured out how to fix this problem? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Tree

Old 07-11-2005, 12:59 PM

take it to the dealer, tell them about it, make sure it has the latest updates

Old 07-22-2005, 01:03 AM