Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

2005 Mazda6i GT with possible electrical short issues...?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 03:31 PM
Exclamation 2005 Mazda6i GT with possible electrical short issues...?

I have a 2005 Mazda6 i GT, with BOSE sound & shiftable automatic. She's been great for the most part, but over the last year or so we've been having intermittent electrical issues.

It started with the right-side speakers going out during CD play. They start out on, but after a while they just cut out. If you switch to Tuner, they come back on. Switch back to CD? They automatically are off again. Completely turning car off and back on brings them back on.

Our check engine light has been intermittently on for about 9 months or so. Each time, we disconnect battery, reconnect, then check the code to see what the issue is. Each time we chose to WAIT to fix, and eventually light goes off. Eventually it would come back on, we'd disconnect, reconnect, and check code again. Each time it has been a different error code, and the previous code was not listed, when we've never fixed the issue from that previous code. Last week, we checked and code was P0340. We replaced Camshaft Position Sensor, disconnected battery, reconnected. Light still comes on, and code is the same despite the fix.

I noticed about 4 months ago that the "P" indicator light does not always come on when in Park. Car is definitely in Park, doesn't move.

Intermittently, car does not start in park. No cranking at all. Changing to Neutral allows car to start.

CD player skips even on brand new, pristine discs.

Sometimes when I use the steering wheel buttons to change volume, it instead changes CD track.

When I accelerate quickly, as when changing lanes into a higher-speed lane, and then let off throttle quickly (usually around 3k-3500 RPM), the loss of traction indicator and "TCS OFF" indicator will both flash repeatedly, and sometimes the loss of traction light will stay on. This also will happen even if the car is parked and not moving, just revved up to above listed RPM.

When we checked the CEL code most recently, they also checked the alt & battery. Battery was reading bad, even though we just replaced it a year ago and we had no indications that would be the case. We replaced the battery at this time, and there has been no improvement in any of the above issues.

Any chance these things could be connected? Anyone else had any of these issues? Or do I just need to call an Exorcist? haha

Thanks!

Old 03-16-2014, 04:00 PM
Banned

Yes your car is posessed!
Battery: read: https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/maz...tteries-27572/
Put a bigger battery in.
Please install extra ground wires to the negative terminal of the battery from: engine block, and body. Clean the stock body ground.
Check cranshaft sensor, circuit for P0340.
Your CD player is old!
Check this picture of lousy ground block by fender under the intake box just ahead of driver side tire. Some of those wires of mine were burnt and needed to be replaced and re-routed up top to where battery hold down bolts down to body.

Attached Thumbnails 2005 Mazda6i GT with possible electrical short issues...?-possessed.jpg   2005 Mazda6i GT with possible electrical short issues...?-car-explosion.jpg   2005 Mazda6i GT with possible electrical short issues...?-headinlocker.jpg   2005 Mazda6i GT with possible electrical short issues...?-bend_over.jpg   2005 Mazda6i GT with possible electrical short issues...?-imagescaesn6a1.jpg