Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

06 Mazda 6S Foglights

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 08:21 PM
Default 06 Mazda 6S Foglights

I don't know people have said this before but in searching I could not find reference tofoglight installation. So, here is what I did.[/align][/align]After an abortive attempt at purchase aftermarket stuff (everything is the wrong shape or size to fit the "sport" models). I went to my Mazda dealership and bought directly from them. With the research I had done earlier, I was fairly certain that all the wiring and relays were in place. I was correct. What you need to purchase from Mazda are the fog light mounting brackets (plastic), the adapter plate for the front bumper (plastic), the short wire (about 4" long to connect around the car horns), and the combination switch (lights, fogs, turn sinals, and high/low beams selector). After purchasing the above simply install them.[/align]1. Remove the screws on the steering column cover and pop it apart.[/align]2. Remove the two screws holding the old combination switch and discannect the wiring harness.[/align]3. Connect the wiring harness and attach the new combination switch to the column using the screws from step 2.[/align]4. Loosen the skirt under the front bumper.[/align]5. Using a suitable screw driver or other prying instrument pry free the tabs from the existing lower covers. (Note on the drivers side the wiring harness for the fog light will be connected to the back of the cover.)[/align]6. Install the fog lights in the brackets. (They are labeled R and L)[/align]7. Install the lights and brackets. This is somewhat troublesome on the right side due to the car horn and the washer fluid reservior.[/align]The whole thing should take about 1 to 1.5 hrs. [/align]

Old 02-11-2009, 04:02 PM
Default Foglights

I'm almost afraid to ask what all the parts cost. Sounds like a nice clean way to add fogs though.